1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tougeki Spirits Vol. 12 tier list

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Taken from the latest issue of Tougeki Damashii. There's a DVD with a team battle between several top players, most notably Koedo and his Jean. If I have time I may upload those to Youtube.

S Rank
    Lion, Eileen, Jeffry, Aoi, Shun, Goh (OMG!!!)

A Rank
    Lau, Blaze, Sara

B Rank
    Akira, Vanessa, Wolf, Brad, Lei-Fei, Jean, Jacky

C Rank
    Kage, Pai, Taka-Arashi

2. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I just talked with LA about this one~~
    Thanks for posting this Reno~

3. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    please up the matches if you can... it would be greatly appreciated.

4. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

I too wish to see said matches too and I'm happy to see one of the Evo boys make it in the S Rank.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Akira is B! This makes me sad. Its not news to me though. They really need to give him that fullcircular.

6. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Funny thing about Goh becoming S rank is how much of his new stuff seemingly isn't used at all. How many headbutts do you see to guard break for a win? I honestly don't think I've EVER seen his new PKP hit throw used. And his 46p+kp going into tsukami is used some but not much. Other than that his inputs were made easier...(knee combos and throws) and uh, stuff. His new mid high string seems really hit checkable though, and big damage. Thats all I can come up with though.

They even nerfed his 66p+g catch throw... Just goes to show what a few little things can do!

Oh and vids being uploaded would be insanely awesome.

7. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

New and improved hitboxes + wall system + the entrance of bound has upped Goh's damage from VF5's awesome to VF5R's completely utterly batshit insane.

I don't think a fullcircular would do that much for Akira.

8. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

That's simply GOH-TASTIC!

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Id actually take it over the stuff you listed.

10. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Just ...Aoi /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

11. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

This tier is only for Version.A, which means we don't need to care too much about it~~
    Let's hope AM2 do some good adjust to make most characters in Rank B, especially wolf and taka!!!

12. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

lol, B?! I'm not just saying this cause he's my main but he really deserves A/S, nevermind giving him a full circular... give him a low throw too!

13. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Nah all he needs is a HCB throw.

14. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Well, guess you'll have to settle with superb semicircular mids /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    <s>Am i wrong to perceive his 14f floaters as serving roughly the same purpose? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
    </s>Nevermind, i was thinking about the wrong low throws (OS). DS apparently got a damage boost btw.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What purpose and please tell me which ones give him meaningful float off normal crouching hit for example

Also which ones of his semicircular mids are superb and how so?

17. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Doing damage on a ducking opponent? SDE is 14f low throws are 12f no? Or f,f+k doesn't it float? Damage is roughly on the 50-something range no?

PS: sorry, i'm a Vanessa player, i was thinking along the lines of average DS/OS low throw damage.

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    edit: not if the lowthrows are 0frame variants.

Oh yeah, you mean where they dont even knock down?

Gohs lowthrow for example does only 250% more damage..

edit:
    Not for a combo, no. Does knock down, but first kick is -15 on block and second -25. No Akira in their right mind throws that attack around randomly.

19. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

In connection to an earlier graph I made, I added the Tougeki to the charter. http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/229519/fpart/7

[​IMG]

This is now all scattered in the third dimension. I did not expext that. Now I don't know who is the best and worst. Oddly some of the characters with high potential don't fare well with Tougeki, because they're not winning, as akai pointed out. With the exception of one man. Itazan (me thinks). I think those with the lowest potential in their class are 'winning' in Tougeki because they know just what to do. Well, I'm convinced Virtua Fighter 5R is balanced now.

20. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    66p+k.. 46p+k.. Akira doesn't even need yoho in R from what you see in clips. He can SDE his way to victory. His damage is insane(Yeah so is everyone elses).