1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tougeki Spirits Vol. 12 tier list

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    You are all idiots... Akria doesn't need a full circular or all that other crap. What he needs is some fucking strings to stop people from constantly cutting in. That's why Shun, Brad, Vanessa, etc is so annoying and seem like gods. You never know when their string spamming is going to end, so they just cycle through them going from the next to the next, until eventually you get a lucky break or cut in. Everyone knows with Akira just ababre like no tomorrow and he can get owned pretty easily. The best part is even if you sense danger more than 80% of the time you don't even have to guess which direction to dodge... just dodge. Even if you guess wrong you lose what 20-30 points from 46p+k or 66p+kp. Don't get me wrong abare at the wrong time and you can get owned, but if you know what you are doing you can minimize the risk. I'm not saying give him like four 5 hit strings, but may 1-2 simple 3 hit combos maybe 1 with a special high attack will boost him up on the tier list. Another TRUE lower move wouldn't hurt, but I can live with out that. His damage is already godly, it's just that if he can't hit his opponent due to his linear style or throw them in the air for a combo is what makes him suffer.

In the end it will always boil down to who plays the rock, paper , scissors game better, but some characters definitely have a lot more hard hitting rocks and sharp scissors to throw at his soft linear paper game.

2. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

He doesn't need any of that stuff, imo, it comes with the territory. atleast that's how I see it?

Sarah is fixed up in R, but she still has her same natural weaknesses(shit load of highs moves, her lack of defense outside of the convential fuzzy, reverse nitaku, ETE, that everyone already has +more) like Akira still has his weaknesses. If people keep attacking with quirky moves(like attack with sabaki, slippery moves, moves that go under highs), 0f throws, and delays, it's a wrap naturally. I'm glad in R they implemented being able to hold a TE, so 0f or delay don't rape.

0f you can't see the hands man, you can't see em!

I guess my view point on it is, atleast everyone's moves work like they're supposed to this time, in R, atleast from what I've seen. Haven't seen no mysterious disconnections of moves and stuff. So it's just the natural weaknesses now characters got for the choices now.

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Hey, I was only kidding about the low throws and full circulars. I got 66p+k and SDE... don't need much else /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oh and Konjou his new 2 hit punch thing looks useful, both hits appear to be half circular. First to the front then to the back, not sure about this though.

4. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Isn't both hits of that new combo high? If it has no special high properties, it's useless which is why you never see anyone use it.

Now I'm hearing that 66P+K is no longer half circular, but linear. Can anyone who has played R confirm this. If this is true, then I rest my case. Everyone has a nice 16 frame half circular but akira, I think it's BS that his half circulars are 19 frames.

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Strings being 3-hit or more (otherwise everybody, including akira, has tons of 2-hit "strings") can somebody enlighten me on the spammable Vanessa strings please?

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Transition between delayable strings and stuff that gives adv. on guard. sabakis in disadv., moves with evasive properties, things like that.

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me?? 66P+K is linear in R?? How about 46P+K+G?
    I can't believe AM2 try to make a whole linear Akira......

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

The stance switch move that gives +1 on block is launch punishable if you duck it. Trust me, I know. Akira has better moves that give + on guard then Vanessa has.

That Akira lacks tracking is a myth. How many characters have semicircular mids to both directions? Maybe 3 and Akira is one of them.

And how the hell do you abare like no tomorrow on a character with a 14/15f CH launcher?

9. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Everyone knows Akira. The fact that the other characters have more moves gives them a natural edge.

10. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Can you show me some footage where I see Vanessa getting launched after those moves? Sure it can happen, but I never see it happening as easily as you make it sound, not even among the Japanese elite players. On pen and paper your theory is creditable, but in a real match it means nothing.

Sure Akira has semi circular mids in both direction, but let's see you pull them off consistently even in a +4 position after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit.

No doubt he has one of the best mid launchers in the game, but like Cozby said "everyone knows Akira". It's pretty easy even for a player like you or me to sense the danger most of the time.

Strings can be annoying since you are always looking for the last move that will end it. Since it's natural for most players even high level players to hesitate slightly during that time, usually the frame advantage that you had has expired allowing Vanessa or other chars to seem like they can seamlessly cycle through one combo to the next.

11. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Jacky has all the strings in the world but that never stopped him from just barely making past the C ranks

12. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Playing a C ranked character never stopped you from kicking everyone's ass.

13. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Lol, pen and paper. The reason I said it's launch punishable is because Bob, my foremost rival, ducks and launches these moves EVERY time. Yes, in real matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure Akira has semi circular mids in both direction, but let's see you pull them off consistently even in a +4 position after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit.</div></div>What is so difficult about performing them? That people can beat you out of them? Well, how many characters have uninterruptible circular moves at +4?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strings can be annoying since you are always looking for the last move that will end it. Since it's natural for most players even high level players to hesitate slightly during that time, usually the frame advantage that you had has expired allowing Vanessa or other chars to seem like they can seamlessly cycle through one combo to the next. </div></div>I think you're experiencing a "the grass is always greener on the other side" moment /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What
    bloody
    tracking

If you are talking about circular moves then each and every other character in the game has a fullcircular so you must be genius in maths if you cant figure out Akira has something missing.

The point I was making that even if Akira was +10 he STILL has to GUESS the correct timing or direction.

Dont forget that low sweeps tend to beat throws and highs also.

15. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    What is so difficult about performing them? That people can beat you out of them? Well, how many characters have uninterruptible circular moves at +4?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Strings can be annoying since you are always looking for the last move that will end it. Since it's natural for most players even high level players to hesitate slightly during that time, usually the frame advantage that you had has expired allowing Vanessa or other chars to seem like they can seamlessly cycle through one combo to the next. </div></div>I think you're experiencing a "the grass is always greener on the other side" moment /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Still want to see that footage and I'm not talking about someone you play with all the time that knows your game inside and out. If that's the case, I get knee kicks to the face from Adam's Jeffry all day, but I don't see anyone else doing that to me. So again... footage please!!!

16. Rodnutz

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I guess you have to be an Akira player to understand where I was coming from. Thanks Manji, people don't realize that in a lot of situations you almost have to make 2 guesses instead of one with Akira. It's either that or stay 2-3 moves ahead of reading your opponent. Well I have never been psychic nor am I good at chess.

17. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Goh players understand as well (His current FC isn't worth using for the most part). Thing is Goh's low half-circulars don't work well as half-circulars either because there is next to no reward on normal hit. You just gotta learn how to deal with the weaknesses they give each character. And delays are pretty strong FC's anyway, no direction guessing there : P.

Of course this doesn't matter in R where they gave Goh a special mid FC that does more than 70 damage in the right situations. I know no one agrees with me on this but his new catch throw isn't really a nerf and more of a change in options (might be a bit better). He can now force people to guard all he wants which means his stronger throws will land way more often. That + a bunch of little improvements like easier sabakis (46K sabakis knees, 43P+K sabaki's low kicks) easier 270 throws, better elbow etc. is why I think he's tops now.

18. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Actually, from what I saw last month, gohs new catch throw is really strong. Most good players over there just do not want to stand still. lol.

19. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

sqlite> select char, count(command) from vf5_c where esc = '- . f' and lvl = 'M' and category not like '%rising%' group by char;
    akira|2
    aoi|1
    brad|3
    elblaze|2
    jacky|3
    jeffry|3
    kage|6
    leifei|8
    lion|1
    pai|1
    sarah|3
    vanessa|4
    wolf|1

sqlite> select char, count(command) from vf5_c where esc = 'b . -' and lvl = 'M' and category not like '%rising%' group by char;
    akira|3
    aoi|4
    brad|1
    eileen|2
    elblaze|3
    goh|1
    jacky|5
    jeffry|3
    kage|4
    leifei|1
    lion|3
    pai|1
    sarah|3
    shun|2
    vanessa|4
    wolf|4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how many characters have uninterruptible circular moves at +4?</div></div>

sqlite> select char, count(command) from vf5_c where esc like '%-%' and lvl != 'H' and category not like '%rising%' and exe < 15 group by char;
    elblaze|1
    kage|2
    leifei|1
    lion|1
    sarah|1
    shun|2
    wolf|2

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Fuck Goh.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif