1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tougeki Spirits Vol. 12 tier list

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif What he said up there!

2. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    LOL Jeneric i told you not to insist. Now look at what you've done, you forced KoD to bring definitive proof to the table. SQL queries are like statistics, they don't lie!

3. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

That 'S' tier is awfully crowded...

4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I told you he was so much stronger in R, but nope...I don't know what I'm talking about. : P

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Maybe this tier can change people's stereotype and make more players to try different characters~ I think it's a good start~

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Despite tiers, the last 2 tournaments I went to for R, players using non top tier characters placed very high so it should be a good indicator that most characters in VF have a chance to win despite tiers.

in early jan, there was an event at ikebukuro gigo.

1st - fuudo (lion) {ok, hes top tier but its fuudo}
    2nd - koedo (jean)
    3rd - zen (brad)
    4th - jishaku (taka)

before you guys take a look at this and think, of course they won, they are super strong players. Keep in mind that there was pretty much a whos who of Virtua Fighter players here minus homestay.

Tokyo Bay Area Cup - End of Jan

Winning team was

Homestay (Akira)
    Jin (Kage)
    Kofu (Aoi) {who didnt even play the quarters, semi or finals cuz the comp couldnt get past jin or homestay.}

7. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not like the opponent has to guess which direction to go too...

Sorry, I don't have any. Probably because I'm just a european/theory fighter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> B Rank
    Akira, Vanessa, Wolf, Brad, Lei-Fei, Jean, Jacky</div></div>So much for strings and mid full circulars /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Umm, say what? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Kage has two non-high, fully circular moves that execute in 15f or faster? If so, I'd love to know what they are!

Actually, I think there's a problem with the query. The % is a zero-or-more wildcard, so I think it's matching half circulars that are 15f or less, and non-high. Of these, Kage has two, which is the result shown above.

But he has zero full circulars that match this criteria. In fact, the only full circular normal move he has is the sweep, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, which is low and 27f.

Not sure how you're storing the esc field, but you might want to use an exact match for full circular, rather than a partial one.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I give up.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Well 15 frames works when youre against anybody else but girls so for example Jackys /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif should count.

11. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

I had issues with that data too because it doesn't even show the risk or rewards involved in the moves, and even that is based on the rest of a characters movelist too(meaning is it likely to even connect based on other threats), atleast imo.

I'm going to beat you with Jean in R, when it comes out for console which it won't. So yeah, I'm going to beat you with Jean in R, when it comes out for console, which it won't.

offtopic: you were signed off when I got back, but yeah I got a good return policy. wouldn't have gotten anything without one of those haha.

12. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Myke, there's nothing wrong with the query; I definitely know how to match full-circular only. Jeneric pretty clearly meant full- or half-circular, since he was talking about interrupting akira's circular moves. Akira only has 2 full-circular, which are very situation-specific and (I assume) not the subject of discussion.

Manji, I used < 15 because of the women. Technically I guess low attacks fast enough to beat lowpunch would also count; problem is the db doesn't categorize whether they're crouching lows. I.e. jeff's 1k+g is a 16f halfcircular low, but it can still be interrupted by most characters.

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    KoD, sorry, I interpreted "circular" to mean full circular, rather than any circular, in which case the query is fine.

Still, the two moves that it's picking up for Kage are the shinsodan (sonic roll), and BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, both of which are impossible to employ in a typical +4 situation, such as after a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hit.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Hehe, I had no idea sonic roll was full circular.
    That's kind of funny.

15. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Yeah, it's especially weird that sonic roll has a listed exe, and that it's only 2 frames . . . less than in the query should normally have eliminated things that don't really have a meaningful exe, like strings etc.

Doesn't kage have a number of moves that leave him backturned at small advantage? Take your point about it not being a pk followup though.

16. LobeliaM72

LobeliaM72 Well-Known Member

How balanced is this version? I hope that Pai can still compete...