1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tournament in Charleston, SC. March 1st

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 3, 2003.

1. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

ghostdog is coming. Yay! Pm me directions since I will be driving. Well, most of the way that is! haha. My van is all ready to go. Just need to put the seats in for the back and vacumm.

GD: Wait till you see my shun. I feel it's good enough to compete.

2. krayzeejl

krayzeejl Well-Known Member

Ok here it is... LOCATION HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!

Mt. Pleasant Holiday Inn, Charleston, SC
    Mt. Pleasant Holiday Inn Homepage
    (and if you're too lazy to look, here's the address of the hotel and phone numbers...)

250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd.
    Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina 29464
    Phone: (843) 884-6000 or (800) 290-4004
    Fax: (843) 881-1786

Also I want to mention that because of the cost of the room (I hear its a really great conference room) there will be a $5 door charge which will cover the overhead costs of the tourney... not to shabby in my opinion!

one of the Tekken players also designed a website for this tournament with pretty much all of the information needed...

Throwdown In Chucktown 3/1

The timing has also been set... registration for the tournament will begin at 12:00 pm at the hotel conf. room, at 2pm the tourney will begin and approx. every 2 hrs tournaments will be held... I pushed for an earlier time slot for the VF4 tourney...

VF4 Tournament = 4:00 PM

that should give everbody sufficient time to arrive and enough time afterwards to make it home at a decent hour...

anyways I'm planning on reserving a hotel room (or 2) Friday night at either this hotel or a nearby hotel (whatever is cheaper), and we can all get together and throw down all night long if everyone wants! As mentioned before I will PM everyone my cell # if you want to give me a call about getting the hotel room or have any questions about anything once you arrive in Charleston, or if you want to just call and say WWUUZZZ UUUPPP!!!

anyways I'm sorry for the long delay in finding an actual location for the tourney, but now its set and hopefully everyone can make it!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. krayzeejl

ok to make things a bit simpler...

everyone planning on attending this event PM me to confirm please, and also mention if you'd like to get a hotel room Friday night (the night before the tourney)

once I figure out exactly who wants to get a hotel room and who doesnt I can make some calls and see if I can find a good rate somewhere... once I get everyone's PM's I'll see how many rooms we should plan on getting... anyways... please PM me soon... only approx. 1 week left...

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Cool..MD peeps gunna show izzup!

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

To make people excited about this event even more, I've made up the bracket for the tournament. We estimate from initial reponse that we will have about 6 teams, or 18 people total. Here's a picture of the bracket that I've made.

Tourney Bracket

If anyone that is attending the event have objections to the way this is laid out, please let me know and we can work things out. Get those PM's to krayzeeJL, this event is going to be great!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. Icege

Icege Member

I'd like to apologize for the delay in finding a location and thanks krayzeeJL for handling the VF4 part of this tourney so well.

Reason it took so long was that we were looking at two college campuses. College of Charleston downtown and Charleston Southern University in North Charleston. CofC will be close for spring break on 3/1. We asked CSU and got no response, and after asking a third time they said no because of the 2-day late notice (which of course, we had asked a WEEK before).

Anyways... The Mt P Holiday Inn it is. The cost will be $250 hence the door fee to help reimburse me along with put money towards future tournies.

There will be an after party ~_^

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I'll be coming to this one, along with shadowdean and possibly 'secret player who will crush us all'.

8. Pai_Garu

ScrubLau will own us all!!!!
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Ok I'm there boys. I'm scheduled to arrive at Charleston International at 12:34am Saturday. I imagine that you fellas will still be up? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Krazee, put me down on the room and PM me or AIM me your cell # so that we can get in touch when i arrive.

10. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am never rid of fighting jacky lol. Good to hear you a definate jerky

11. stompoutloud

Jerky, it will be a pleasure to play against you again.

12. Pai_Garu

Well, some people have told us that they would like a single player tourney instead of the team battle event. We would like to ask the opinion of all the participants on which type of tourney we should run. Which ever one that we decide to run in the actual tourney, we will to to do the other one either before or after the tournament at the hotel or somewhere. So please post on what you are interested in seeing in the actual tourney.

We should pick one of the following
    Team Battle/Single Elim and Single Player/Double Elim
    Team Battle/Double Elim

We can of course do more if time permits either at the hotel or at other locations. So the important thing is that we want to hear what everyone wants at the actual tourney. So please post your thoughts!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

13. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I mentioned to Srider in vfhome that I thought the main event should be the single player/double elimination, and if we wanted to, we could do the teambattle before the start of the 4pm tournament on Sat.

Well, that's what I think. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. stompoutloud

single person tourney is a must and then optional would be team battle.

Hey guys, please let me know what time you guys want to leave and stuff so I can coordinate pick up and such. GD, I need your number and address.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Team battle =)

16. krayzeejl

OK, it seems as if theres a debate as to whether we hold the single player or team battle tourney as the official tourney of this tournament... it seems as if its going to be pretty even as to who wants what... so lets plan on holding a SINGLE PERSON / DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT as the main event, and holding a Team Battle separately in the morning before the tourney (since we have all the way until
    4:00 PM to kill...)

also... I wanted to mention that myself, ninjinsan, flood, and my brother are thinking about getting a hotel room at the Holiday Inn or a nearby hotel, and to make the cost cheaper we could get everyone together and all get a room... but right now I know that FL needs to get a hotel room, and I'm guessing MD also, so we need to hook up and play some beforehand!
    I'm not sure who I've PM'ed my cell # to yet so here it is:

Jason Cell - 865-406-2652

so whenever you guys get down there give me a call and we'll figure out where we can stay and stuff, and where we can all meet to play... I'm hoping that rooms at that Holiday Inn arent too expensive! because that would be MUCH more convenient than staying somewhere else...

17. krayzeejl

Mt. Pleasant Holiday Inn has rooms available, only problem is the best rate I can get there is $109.00. I'll have 4-5 ppl total, I'd like to try to get the price down to $15.00 per person, that means we'd need 8 people in the room.. that means some people will probably have to sleep on the floor, but I dont mind at all... anyways if anyone wants to go in on this with me post soon and I'll reserve a room there... if not I'm going to continue looking for a place to stay...

18. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

15 or more per room sounds fine with me.

19. krayzeejl

OK, I found a better (cheaper) hotel right nearby... its also in the Mt. Pleasant area... its a Microtel Inn..

Microtel Inn

just do a hotel search and look for the one located in Mt. Pleasant... rooms there are MUCH cheaper than the Holiday Inn... I saw rooms for $50.00... so maybe everyone should plan on staying here... MD crew / FL crew check this out and tell me what you think? I believe that myself and TN crew will be staying here...

20. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Cheaper the better...I need to keep the cost of this trip below 70 bucks if I am going.