1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tournament in Charleston, SC. March 1st

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 3, 2003.

1. krayzeejl

krayzeejl Well-Known Member

I just booked a room at the Microtel Inn in Mt. Pleasant...

It is approx. going to be $50.00 after tax and everything... (if anyone has AAA it lowers the price a few dollars) if one of you guys also reserves a room we could probably fit everyone in the 2 rooms...

then we'll be in the same hotel and be able to get together much easier...

I also noticed that this hotel offers a continental breakfast too in the AM so thats ALL good! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lets plan on holding a TEAM tournament Saturday morning sometime... ok?

so... one of you guys book a room here and we'll be set... you can put a hold on one w/ a CC# (thats what I did) and they'll hold it till you arrive, and thats when you pay...

OK awesome the rooming situation is working out! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif now I'm going to focus on practicing!!!

2. Icege

Icege Member

UPDATED 2/24/03

Where: Charleston-Mount Pleasant Holiday Inn (Charleston, SC)
    When: March 1, 2003

12pm - Registration
    2pm - CvS2 & TTT begin
    4pm - VF4 & MvC2 begin
    6pm - ST, GGXX, A3 begin
    7pm - T4 & 3S begin

If there's less then 8 participants for a specific tournament, then that tournament will not be held, unless the people participating still wish to play.

$5 door fee
    $10 per tourney

1st place takes 70% of the pot, 2nd place take 20%, 3rd takes 10%

-No outside food or drink. Hotels rule, not mine. Restaraunts and fast food joints are close by
    -4 Televisions present (2 per tourney)
    -Seabrook Room
    -Exhibitions (match, combo, etc) are welcome as long as a television is free to

No one from Charleston is playing it seems... I might play though. Beware: I don't even know what Sakaburaki or whatever it's called is. I = suck /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. krayzeejl

cool! thanks for the update! ^_^

4. Icege

Icege Member

Now that I've finally got almost everything squared away for the tournament... just wanted to take my time to let ya'll know how excited I am that I finally get to see some good Virtua Fighter 4 competition.

Big thanks first to Jason for getting all this done. He's been trying to get me to play, but I've been busy lately getting everything set up. Hopefully I'll learn a lot.

The battle plan looks to be working like this: Friday night I'll be setting up the room. I'll also be practicing with the local 3D crew and the 2D crew. I'll also be picking up Jerky from the airport at midnight. krayzeeJL will either be there with me or meeting up with us.

krayzee: If you want to set your TV up and stuff in the room Friday night, it'll be just fine. It'll be locked up for us and we've got a contracted deal so that if our stuff goes missing, we're reimbursed.

I'll probably be going home after I pick up Jerky so I can get a full night's sleep and get there a little early to make sure everything is ready. Doors open at noon to take registration. I'll need your first and last name, city and state, handle, and game(s) you'll be playing.

Try and keep track of what character you use for results.

krayzeeJL will do the basic rules and brackets. We've got another person running TTT at the moment, and might have someone doing one of the Capcom games. Otherwise, I'll be running the rest.

I was going to get some "Hello, My Name Is" stickers but they cost like, $10 >_<

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Icege, I should say thank you since you will be the one picking me up. I really appreciate it. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please PM me your cell # or contact #. Later!

6. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hydra is set to come to SC. Here are the people coming.

Stompoutloud
    Imf
    Jedi
    Jake4666
    Ghostdog
    Cappo

My van is tuned up and ready to go. (well today, I am going to clean out the interior and add the seats in the rear) Jake will meet us from Albany GA.

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I'll probably be there picking you up too yo. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have tried everything I can to raise a modicum of cash to get out...right now my bank account is down to just about 200 bucks and thats not figuring paying for my mod chip and evo /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif. If something changes by tonight or some random act of god, I am still on, but I gotta withdraw due to sucky ass cash situation /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Evo and chip doesn't cost more than $100... You're gonna miss out man, just come!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Shadowdean

I really, really want to...I just had to repair my car though, and that took a bite out of my budget...I also need money for food /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

11. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

I'll bring some pop-tarts you can nosh. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. krayzeejl

same here I'll be bringing some snacks and stuff... I dont have much money either... just enough for hotel / games... thats why i'm snagging food from home and loading up a cooler before I go!!! LOL /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Shadowdean

ohhh....ohhhh..........

14. stompoutloud

continental breakfasts rule. Gotta get there early though. Because food gets snatched up quickly.

15. krayzeejl

man thats right!!! i'm gonna load up on continental breakfast!!! i forgot bout that!!! =D you know i'm all about those lil boxed cereal... i'm gonna wear my cargo pants and load up!!!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. krayzeejl

also... FL crew... I have Jedi's Cell # i'll give you guys a call when I get in to Charleston aight?

17. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Sounds good. Also, Pm me your number so I have a way to contact you once im in SC.

18. stompoutloud

Jedi's got a cell. Cool beans. We will need it since my service doesn't have roaming. Imf or pablo please print up directions since I don't have a printer. Thanks.

19. Icege

Icege Member

Mini-cereal boxes!?!? Snatch me some!!!

Btw ya'll... if ya'll plan on playing tomorrow (Friday) night, let me know. After we get Jerky from the airport, I'll come by and say hi and all that before going to bed and getting everything put together. Busy day tomorrow >_<

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

No go =(

I'm bowing out of this trip, despite having saved up money and arranged for days off.

It's snowing like a bastard here and has been since like 5:00 PM yesterday. Days before this snow we had another storm that shut VA down for several days, and there have been numerous reports of accidents. If I had someone who could keep me alert over the 10 hour drive, I might be game, but Joon and Shadowdean have already said they can't make it.

Sorry guys, I'll see you next time (TiT?).