1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tournament in Charleston, SC. March 1st

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 3, 2003.

1. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Re: No go =(

Lucky guy, we got about 1 1/2 inches of ice instead of snow. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Well guys, we made it back to FL safely. SC was great, I only wish that we could have stayed and played longer.

Krayzeejl: Many thanks for making this happen and including VF. With some creative Jacky SSing and an overall impressive sense of style you were fun to watch. I can't wait to see your Jacky beefed up and ready to rumble next time...perhaps at TiT? /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Srider: It was great to see you again. Your Wolf is getting strong and can be just plain mean when you want to be. Good games fri night! I'm glad I didn't have to play you the tournament. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerky: Huge props for making the trip, and almost making it back to FL with us last night! That was gonna be great. =) Your Jacky game blew me away Fri night! Nice stuff! Orlando is a really cool place to live... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cappo: Your game is cheese bro. =P We had some tight matches in the finals. /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Jedi: Lau =P

Stomp: Thanks for driving us of course! It was a fun road trip. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey major thanks to Jason aka krazyj for letting us hang out at his hotel room. It was a blast seeing your style for it is not beginner style. You definetly have fighting game experience and it shows. Good stuff. I am sure it will get better and better.

Ninjinsan: Great hanging out with you again and playing against you. When you play smart, your wolf game is very solid.

Jedi: thanks for being the manual windshield wiper. It helped a lot. Fun road trip with your humor.

Cappo: Pai in evo will be you and me~!

Imf: haha, I should have double dodged that fucking cork screw move.

Jerky: Wish you would have made it. Love and hate your Jacky game.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Ok, what were the results? Can we get a breakdown please? When can we see the footage?

??????????? /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. woodman

woodman Member

yes i would also like results!

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1. IMF
    2. Cappo
    3. Jerky

That's all I know for now. Come y'all, post 'em up.
    IMF: good job. WRITE KOREA IMPRESSIONS$!#*!

7. stompoutloud

My impressions......

First off.. it was an overall fun tourney. I wish Creed and some others would have came, but I can understand about the snow storm. Perhaps next time Creed.

The results were.. Imf, Cappo, and Jerky

Imf: He used Kage the whole entire time and totally took out what my Shun had to offer. During the second round of the tourney, I had to face him and kicked his ass the first round. That seemed to wake him up and then he put his usual pressuring type game play on. Mixups of elbows, jab/throw combos, and side step attacks to avoid my donkey kicks. There's not much else to talk about that matchup! haha.

Jerky: He showed a stronger yet more patient Jacky this time than the last time I played against him at nyg3. He had a lot of trouble with my Shun during casual play but still won quite a few games. I think he had more trouble wiht my Aoi than Shun, but who knows. Jerky will tell you. He faced Jedi in the first round. Jedi used Lau and Jerky used well... Jerky. Jedi's pressuring Lau wasn't enough to phase Jerky. Jerky really seems to counter attack very well. Jerky than faced Cappo in the second round.. Jerky has never met Cappo and this is Cappo's first time venturing out as part of team hydra. Jerky had a rude awakening during casual play from Cappo's Pai. His Pai 270 threw him a good 30 times in an hour of matches. But during the second round, Jerky came back and beat him 2-1. Jerky then had to face imf in the semi finals. We saved all the semi finals and finals matches. Jerky lost 3-1 during the semi finals to imf. Imf's kage was very strong and seemed to be in control the whole time. Both players stepped up their defenses during this round since they had played against each other all day the other day. Jerky had to face Cappo in the losers bracket for a chance to play imf again. Cappo this time did his usual unpredictable flow with pai consisting of hop kick, k,p delay low, punch, hop kick and 270 throw amongst other things. Cappo faces imf in the final round. I will post about the finals later. I forgot a lot of stuff due to me not sleeping the night before after casual play and then having to drive back.

Other small highlights... ninjinsan got creamed during casual play against my shun but stepped it up during our third round play. Good job Ninjinsan. Your wolf is solid.

Cappo played some tekken 4 with krazyj and matched him very well.

More to come! And pics will be uploaded soon.

8. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

Congrats goes out to IMF for the win, and also Cappo and Jerky. Sounds like a great time. I hope you guys were warmer down there than we were up in Toronto. Fear the wind /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. stompoutloud

More stuff...

Iceage.. glad to have met you and thanks for almost getting us lost to waffle house. :) You should play vf4. You did enjoy the fluidness of the game. So go for it. There are so many people online that will help you out. I almost got you one match on tekken 4. Haha, next time!

Imf versus cappo in finals. All I gotta say is watch the clips when they are up!

Jedi: You lau is getting more and more aggressive. Good stuff.

Srider: next time, it's on between both of our Sarah's.

On my last post, I said Jerky wish you would have made it. It was an error. It was glad you made it. sorry.

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you guys hada successful time in SC! Congrats to IMF for the win /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif And congrats to Cappo for making it to the finals with Pai...I know how much work she can be but I also know how kick-ass a character she is. Pai's unite! /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers,

11. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Great Time everyone at SC. Competition was strong. I think its great everyone's play was at a high level. VF is growing in the us and its getting stronger. I only wish I could have done a little better, But I was up against tough comp.

Thanks for a great time everyone who went!!!!