1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tournament in Texas 5 [3-23-03]. Petition now for VF4...

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Oni-Kage, Dec 11, 2002.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Stompoutloud and Supergolden - you guys should definitely try to make it. Believe me, it'll be well worth it with all the people who plan to be there from LA and FL, to TX and elsewhere. I'm trying to get some more people to come from CO and enter, but right now it's iffy on who's going. Me and junosynth are definitely there, with the possiblity of 6 more. But no one can make up their mind so I'd say 3 or 4 more players is a more realistic estimate from CO, making it 5 to 6 to enter from us. Hope you guys can make it since I'd love to play all of you.

2. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

So is this tourney going to be BYOC (bring your own controller)? I'd appreciate some warning if it's going to be on sticks... (pad power!) /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Alex

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Attendance from Southern California will be 7 or more fighters. This is shaping up to look great.

4. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Yes, it's most definitely a BYOC event since the EVO is on console. I don't know how it's going to be setup exactly since I hate playing on my lap, but I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I hope they have tables for those of us who plan on bringing joysticks. My other question is: What's Nickelmania? Is it an arcade or a bar/pool hall?

6. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    So did you ever decide on the entry fee for VF4 Cosmic_Forge? Tekken is $15 and TTT is $20, so maybe VF4 should be one of these. How about $15, then if there's time, we can have a team VF4 tournament with a $5 entry fee? Teams of 2 or 3 maybe? Just an idea. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

7. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I like Modest's Idea for a Team Battle!! And I also look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. It will be the best VF event that has yet to grace these free lands!! Bring on the TiT!!!

8. supergolden

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1248348#post1248348

Is VF4 confirmed? Guy who posted "TiT RULES AND REGULATIONS + MORE..." didn't mention VF4... what's up with that?

Also where is everyone staying? Would anyone be willing to pick Rich and I (and maybe even BMF) up from the airport and take us to our hotel or whatever? I'm not old enough to rent a car /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

thanks,

-Alex

9. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Taxi ma boys, Taxi.

10. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

2 or 3 man teams would be good. I don't know exactly how it works though. But I can't wait to meet all the new people who play VF. There’s only a few serious VF players here in CO unfortunately.

11. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Hey Stomp, what you do think about a pad team? Ninjinsan, you and me, how's that for a Chinese / Pad team at TiT? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Ninjinsan plays on a stick.

13. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

He use both a pad and stick, just like me.

14. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

sure if I can make it to tit5.

15. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Ok I posted this on TZ's thread just now:

So here's the proposed setup:

VF4:EVO
    $15 entry fee
    Rounds: 3 out of 5
    Matches: 2 out of 3
    Double Elimination
    Time Limit: 60 seconds (Max)
    Health: 200 (Default)
    Shoulder Buttons ALLOWED
    Programmable controls/sticks NOT ALLOWED

I'm still deciding on if we should make the button layout default for everyone or allow people to customize their button layouts... it would be nice, but may take too much time if everyone has a different layout. Also, I'm taking suggestions on how to divvy up the prize winnings for 1st 2nd 3rd. Post up on what you think is fair, or I may just go with how the other tourney prizes are handled.
    --------------------------------------

I'm currently trying to gather hotel info for the area near nickelmania so people can call in ahead of time for reservations. Gimme a few days for that.

As for team tourneys... I've never been to a team tourney before in a 1vs1 fighter before, how are they run? Just curious.... does sound fun tho!

PS I'm gonna make a new thread with the correct date and info, so feel free to let this thread go obsolete:p

16. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Dude change the time limit to 45 seconds.

17. Oni-Kage

Is 45 seconds the usual time limit in vf tourneys? I ask because I am used to Tekken tourneys with very high time limits (80 seconds usually) because most people don't like losing to time...

What does everyone else think about this..

18. supergolden

I definatley feel as though time limit should be 45 seconds (it's usually more than enough)... Also if you let people used custom characters it will save their controller configuration with that so custom controller configs shouldn't be a problem...

-Alex

19. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

VF usually is played with times that are 45/30 sec. limits. And because of the fast pace nature of the game, matches rarely result with a time out.. So it would prob. be better with 45.

20. Oni-Kage

45 seconds is decided

Ok I updated it to 45 seconds... I agree that the games are usually fast paced enough to end before time runs out.