1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Training sidethrow escapes

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Krye, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I just came up with this nice little exercise to practice escaping sidethrows and I thought it would be nice to share [​IMG]

In free training, pick Lion as your opponent and go to record mode. 1st recording: 6p then press p+k+g then up and then throw. It'll be a weird recording with lion flipping the bird and doing neutral throw, but once you start practicing it'll work. 2nd recording is the same, but this time press down instead of up. Now let them play randomly.

What you want to do is block the elbow then use an elbow yourself. Lion will deflect the elbow and mix up his sidethrows, so now you have yourself a nice training routine.

Note that when your character is facing towards the screen, the escape direction is back. When your character is facing away from the screen, the escape direction is forward.

Try to get at least 10 succesful escapes in a row (no cheating!), then switch to 2p side and try again! The recordings will still be there.

You probably won't be able to apply this during matches right after, but you will understand how to do it and gradually be able to improve your success!

Good luck [​IMG]

Ps. Additional exercises are very welcome!

2. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    good stuff, i will give this a try probably tonight

3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I'm doing this right now haha. Another way to do it is to use Lions 61P+G catch throw.