1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Translated Replay Matches on PS2 VF4

Discussion in 'Console' started by Moby, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

This is for those people who requested knowing the names & matches in the replay matches that come with PS2 VF4. So if you're not interested, move on. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The named matches feature the same group of 4 guys basically. The exhibition matches don't have player names but instead "nicknames" for the matches. The matches are listed in descending order, 1P vs 2P.

1. Wolfie (Akira) vs Kyular (Lau)
    2. Kyular (Lau) vs Chibita (Lion)
    3. Kyular (Lau) vs Chibita (Lion)
    4. Kyasao (Shun) vs Kyular (Lau)
    5. Kyasao (Shun) vs Chibita (Vanessa)
    6. Wolfie (Jacky) vs Kyular (Lau)
    7. Kyasao (Kage) vs Kyular (Lau)
    8. Kyasao (Kage) vs Chibita (Lion)
    9. Chibita (Lion) vs Wolfie (Wolf)
    10. Wolfie (Wolf) vs Kyular (Lau)
    11. Exhibition 1 - Aoi vs Jacky
    12. Exhibition 2 - Aoi vs Jacky
    13. Exhibition 3 - Aoi vs Jacky
    14. Exhibition 4 - Pai vs LeiFei
    15. Exhibition 5 - Leifei vs Sarah
    16. Exhibition 6 - Lau vs Jeffry
    17. Exhibition 7 - Jeffry vs Aoi "Ground Attack Love"
    18. Exhibition 8 - Jeffry vs LeiFei "Can't Get Up!"
    19. Exhibition 9 - Pai vs Pai
    20. Exhibition 10 - Aoi vs Sarah "Ultimate Reversal"
    21. Exhibition 11 - LeiFei vs LeiFei "I Love Stances"

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ahem, PS2 newbie here...so how do you get the replays? I suppose they must be unlocked somehow?

3. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Hey Ice-9, you don't have to unlock these matches. Just go to the REPLAY menu, and select "CD-ROM" when it asks you which replays to watch. It'll access your CD, and then you'll see this list of matches. Enjoy!

P.S. The only crappy thing about this interface (which i'm surprised they didnt notice), is that once you watch a replay match, it boots you out all the way to the main menu... so if you wanted to watch another match, you'd have to do the same thing all over again...

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

My goodness, I'm glad I asked or I would have continued to miss them! Thanks!

Hmm, maybe for the U.S. translation SOA will capture replays of a few U.S. players?! *Ahem.* Naaah.