1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Translation for Winning Poses?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by karphead, Mar 25, 2002.

1. karphead

karphead Member

There was a big thread about the Jacky quote on Gamefaqs...from what I could make out it is "I done handcuffed lightning" and it's from a Muhammed Ali quote: "I done handcuffed lightening, put thunder in jail!"

Nevermind that it makes Jacky look like a stupid white boi when he says it /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: Jerky's quote

Found at least two versions of that Muhammad Ali's quote on-line. So we can't blame Sega Japan for grammatical incorrectness after all. (^_-)

"I'm young, I'm fast, I'm pretty, and I can't possibly be beat. I've wrestled with an alligator, I've tussled with a whale. I've handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail. I've murdered a rock. I've injured a stone. I told you all here today that I am the greatest. I'm telling you again now. I am the greatest. I am the greatest."
    http://www.thepoles.com/boards/cool/mess226/mess226.htm

"I rassled with an alligator, tussled with a whale, handcuffed lightning and put a brick in the hospital."
    http://www.cavalierdaily.com/.Archives/1997/April/8/aekings.asp

3. karphead

karphead Member

Re: Jerky's quote

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"I put a brick in the hospital."

<hr></blockquote>

Hahaha...just thinking about Jacky saying this makes me laugh, imagine the confusion that would of caused =)