1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tri-State (PA, NJ, & DE) Area Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADortiz, Jun 22, 2009.

1. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

Delaware Valley dudes, there has go to be some people in the vicinity interested in playing Virtua Fighter and having "meets". I know NY has some, we can too.

I'm from in the Philadelphia area, very close to both Jersey and Delaware as I'm in, duh, southeast Pennsylvania. Let's get some posters and names and see what we can get going.

By the way, I am new to VF. I'm actually a casual (non-competitive) Tekken and Soul Calibur player but I enjoy 3D fighters and I have a knack for them. I'd like to get into the competitive scene, but I just have a, shall we say, "lack of persuasion". I've chosen to play Jacky and Pai (as they are newbie friendly) and have just gotten into the game. I learn quickly though. Look forward to getting to know and play fellas from the VFDC and over-all Virtua Fighter community.

2. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Good luck with that, I think Philly has had negative amounts of successful VF meetups, but hey I'm down when I'm in town. (I have a place there, but I live in NY now)

3. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

Ah. With Virtua Fighter, that doesn't surprise me at all. Philly's about 2D fighters mostly with occasional comers from NY like Wong and Santhrax. Most of the people I find that do play 3D fighters are college students from out of state in the Center City area.

Anyway, I'm new to the game but if I feel like it, I'll get a group going. I have that charm. Right now my brother and I are learning. There's an acquaintance we have that wants to get more into the game, but he complains there never any people to play, so we told him we'd pick it up and be his comp'. That's why I'm on this board now looking up combos, movelists, and at the glossary for terms I'm not familiar with. I can tell there's a lot (which is an understatement).

I've been watching some videos too. I know of Chibita so I watch his, but I saw in the main page AdamYUKI and youtube'd his name. He plays Jeffery and he's had some really good bouts. Also a CIDKID, etc.

I just want to watch Japanese videos but I have no names (besides Chibita) to look up. I watched Korean videos but I have no idea who they are. Any name from Japan and Korea worth looking up? Mind the rambling. I'm tired...

4. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

I search "SBO VF5" (and variations) and have gotten some great matches to view, as well as "VF5 Arcadia" (and variations) and that's given me some good matches too.

5. TheWorstPlayer

Well post up. Someone else on here lives in Philly too and we ALMOST met up once.
    Work your magic esse' and stack up on the liquor.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  7. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

I know about the Jersey players at the Kogarasumaru tournaments but they're more Calibur heads than anything. I'm sure they do play it though. I was hoping to find serious VF players, as in that [Virtua Fighter] is their 'main game'. Ryan Hart of the U.K. is like the only guy that appears extremely well at two fighters (Virtua Fighter and Tekken). Eh, I'm guessing the same people, people who play Calibur and Tekken, play VF. (Like myself, L.O.L.) Small community, eh?

8. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I don't play Tekken and SouldCalibur. But i've been to Jaxel's tourney a couple of times. So, people who only play VF exist. There's a bunch of us here in NYC. Don't think i'll go to Jaxel's this time though. Just too busy.

9. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Ryan Hart is done with VF, methinks. The guy only plays 3s and Tekken.

10. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

dude come to Jaxel's tourney. I'll be there we can play VF all day. I'll be bringing copies of the game and some sticks.

@ TWP you should try to show up too!

11. TheWorstPlayer

AZ, I played VF5 for the first time this week in like almost a year. My game wasn't to hot but the nick was a bad joke, now my bad joke is more like reality.

12. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I play VF and i live in PA. I dont really havetime to travel all over the place to go to tournys but ill play you if you wish

13. AkiraZero

excuses excuses [​IMG] dude just show up

14. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

So they do exist! [​IMG] Well, I'm without a driver's, but that'll change shortly within the next two weeks and then something can come about. Until then, I'm guessing I'll be stuck in Arcade mode. [​IMG]

15. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

I just noticed my PS2 arcade stick doesn't work on the PS3 although I have a PS2 to USB converter. Only the buttons work but not the stick itself. I might need to get ver. C now. (I have a Calibur Hori stick) Eh, it's only $17.00 used now. That means I have to practice stick on VF4:Evo. [​IMG]

16. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    I would love to come to that tourney in NJ but I don't think I can get the time off. Not only that its a pretty long trip from where I live. I'll keep looking into it though, maybe I'll figure something out.

As for playing normally? I don't think I live close enough to most of you. I'm like an hour outside of philly, and my days off from work are shit (Monday and Wednesday). But if anyone decides to try and set something up that falls on mon or wed, I'll see what I can do.

After summer I'm swapping work and school hours so I'll be full time school and part time work, which should give me more days to work with. I'll let you guys know how my schedule is then, It'd be hella nice to be able to have some meets and not worry about XBL anymore.

17. TheWorstPlayer

I'll show up if we go drinkin afterwards, I can't stand gaming for 50 hours.

18. AkiraZero

Yeah there will be some beer at the venue I'm sure.

@ MADortiz: you showing up at the tourney???

19. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
    Whats up guys... I'm still around. ^_^

20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I finally have a car so I can go to stuff!