1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Tri-State (PA, NJ, & DE) Area Players

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by MADortiz, Jun 22, 2009.

1. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Sunday, VF in Northern DE hit me 646.345.9910

2. TheWorstPlayer

People up to play? Hit me up! Philly or DE

3. TheWorstPlayer

Oi! VF5FS party this Sunday in Northern DE! If you're down to clown hit me back!

4. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    How early / late is the party? Got work at 6am on Monday :(

5. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    you twp! where you been man???

6. TheWorstPlayer

Joho! Likely starts around 4 PM, will confirm. Chibiaya in the hyperbolic time...errr...playing UMVC3 lol, but recently got a bunch of jokers re-interested in VF so we decided to have a VF day.

7. FightClubHuBBs

FightClubHuBBs Well-Known Member

PSN:
    FightClubHuBBs
    XBL:
    FightClubHuBBs
  8. Terracrush

Terracrush Well-Known Member

Didn't know where to post this but in the NJ Fighting Game Scene group on facebook, Esteben Martinez is trying to setup some bar fights in New Brunswick/Rutgers area (probably in the nearby Olive Branch). He's wondering what games to setup. Of course he's getting things like Sfxt (no comment), but for those want who to start some more VF competition there please hit him up.

9. TheWorstPlayer

Yo! Any King of Prussia VF heads game? I'm in the area now, could use some beatins.

10. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    I'm having a gathering at my house on Friday... a friend of mine wants to learn how to play. If anyone wants to join us, that would be great!

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

anyone planning on making it to this? I got a big paper to finish this weekend so I'm only going to be able to make it out for the tournament on Sat at NL. You should come Jaxel!

12. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jaxelrod
    You know my stance on supporting Henry Cen... also, Saturday is my father's birthday.

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    There is no tournament this Saturday, I think you mean next Saturday.

I would like to go by your place Jaxel but I have other plans. :(

14. Tricky

well shit you saved me a trick shag!!!!

15. Carmen

Carmen Member

PSN:
    cacacarmen
    I really hope someone is still reading this thread... anyway I'm in PA for a while, and now with the release of online VF I hope to finally seriously get into this game. I'm new but I'm coming right off of three years of solid experiences playing Tekken in the arcades so I think I'll learn quick, as long as people are patient enough to play with me as I keep missing the guard button. I'm in Bethlehem PA but I'll drive out if there's a session thats not too far away. Or we could just play on PSN, the netcode in Tekken is really good now, I'm not sure how it is in VF...

16. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    What is not too far away for you?

17. Carmen

Carmen Member

PSN:
    cacacarmen
    I used to drive out to Tekken weeklies in central NJ when they used to have them before the players either quit or moved, those were almost two hours out from here but well worth it... it depends where though. NYC is like two and some hours away but parking is a pain so thats out of the question.

I don't recall seeing VF when I went to ECT (or DOA for that matter?) so I'm assuming we don't have many players?

18. Tricky

VF isn't going to be at Big E events. Carmen we play in Brooklyn and harlem, the land where parking is plentiful and free. Tomorrow night we'll be playing at Next Level arcade and streaming. If you want to join in we would love to have you there. You'll probably win a rising snack award and be offered many beers by cruz and the guys.

19. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America

Carmen I live in PA (about 40 minutes outside of Philly), I also have a 2.5 hour drive to Brooklyn, but trust me, it's the best place to play VF where you are. I'll be there tonight. Parking does kinda suck, but it is free :D

If I was you, I'd join the NYC VF Crew facebook page. It's how I know when to show up and if it'll be worth the drive.

20. Carmen

Carmen Member

PSN:
    cacacarmen
    Hey, thanks for the info on the NY sessions. I've been travelling over the past two weeks and it looks like I might not have much time left in this part of the country, but when I return I'll remember to post up again and try to make it out to one of the sessions!