1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

trouble loading characters from memory card

Discussion in 'Console' started by bisonbison, Apr 18, 2002.

1. bisonbison

bisonbison Member

I may just be an idiot, but when I play vs. mode, I can't figure out how to load a character from memory card one when I'm using joystick two. Can anyone help me out?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

stick the memory card with your characters into slot 2 (the system file will still load from there if there isn't a system file in slot 1 anyways). Just make sure your character files are in the slot respective to the controller you are using.

3. bisonbison

bisonbison Member

So there's no way to just load straight up from memory card 1 to joystick 2? In a round robin sort of vs. match I often find myself playing a friend who has his character saved on the same card as my character. Can we both load our characters from the same card?

Thanks.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

yeah, just move the memory card over after you've loaded one of the characters to your friend. Saving records is bound to bring about issues though... On both characters that is. Or so I think, I haven't messed around with that on versus mode.

Anyways, given that you have like 90+ seconds to select a character on the PS2 version, should be no problem.

-Chanchai

5. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Hee. I erased joopasarah once like that. =/
    sorry about that.

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It was useless to me anyways, as that was on your Japanese version of the game... good riddance to TMNT 3rd kyu Sarah forever! =)

To the original poster, wait for the PS2 to inform you that it can't find what it's looking for, and then swap the card. Don't rush removing the card, or you'll risk corrupting a file.

7. bisonbison

bisonbison Member

Oh well, seems silly that you can't just load from both cards at any time, but thanks for the help.