1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Trouble reading combos

Discussion in 'General' started by kiko17, Mar 25, 2016.

1. kiko17

kiko17 Member

I have been search these forums a lot and I see stuff like Akira's/versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif[P],[P],

All I see is the text, is there suppose to be pictures? I am brand new to the virtua fighter scene and I am trying to gain as much as I can early on.

oneida likes this.
  2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Unfortunately there are no pictures shown in the combo lists -- only text and various symbols.

To gain an understanding of what all the symbols mean click on the 'Wiki' link above, then either scroll down or move to the right side of screen and select 'Controls' .

Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions you have on reading combos.

Kruza

3. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    try looking here instead :)

http://virtuafighter.com/combos/

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    @kiko17 I assume you're searching for old VF content? If that's the case then you're most likely finding old threads that used command graphics that are no longer valid. However, the filename should give you a clue as to the input, for example p.gif would be the punch button [P].

But if you're looking at learning the latest VF combos, then give the link shared by Oneida a go!

5. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Pseudo lazy junk prolly messed up, but why not something like;

grep 'p.gif' /srv/http/forums/old_content/*.something | sed -i s/p.gif/[p]/g *.something

^^

6. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I m not a programmer so Prep's regex solution flies over my head - but i did manage to create a macro in libre office and run my emoticon-heavy old posts making them readable. So if *I* can do it, then it should be easily fixable (the trick is to parse diagonals first)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Ellis likes this.