1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

True status of Kage's Roll

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Freud, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

not sure if its a new discovery..but i always thought Kage's rolling towards/from opponent...gives him a crounching status.
    today, was playing Akira when kage started to roll towards me and as his animation came into effect, i did a df+P+G(reverrse body check). and as if by teleportation(a very rough one), kage was thrown.
    so my conclusion is that, while rolling, kage is a standing non-defender, which is why Akira was able to throw him.
    any opinions on this?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I remember from earlier games that you could throw kage between hits of the shinsodan, and he still appears to be rolling. So I'd believe it.

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

correct... u can actually knock Kage out of his roll by mid/low attacks.