1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TTT and VF3tb

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

How sad, I was playing vf3 with a guy who used to play VF3 hardcore with us a few years back. He was a pretty decent Lau player. He is however a Tekken 3 and TTT player. HE recently told me about a TTT tournament that had 150 people playing in the east coast with people flying into the tournament to participate. How sad. TTT has 150 person tournaments...man...people are still playing the game. The guy I was playing came in 9th place. I saw him doing some crap that made me go WHOA. The hand dexterity involved is unbelievable and im sure at high levels of play you have to have accurate input and be very careful in watching your opponent. He is also a MvC2 player. I think the more recent fighting games all stress high speed dexterity and command input. I wonder if VF4 will require some rapid dexterity.

On a side note, this guy picked Akira, and started DLC'ing almost perfectly by mid night....amazing...no doubt a feat from playing tons of TTT and MvC2.

CrewNYC

2. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

I have no respect for that! TTT is filth and so are the majority of people who play it.

Sorry man, I just feel that way at the moment.

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

i got a mate who doesnt like fighting gmaes and the only one he plays is tekken tag and thats becuase ' its got loads of extras unlike virtua fighter 3' i know its sad some people dont get the point of fighting games

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i think your mate is exactly the sort of person that led to the prince's post :)
    i know a few of em.

- phil
    (Kageyaiba:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.btinternet.com/~phil_arm>http://www.btinternet.com/~phil_arm</A>)

5. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

hey uk kid whats your email?

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

phil_arm@btinternet.com
    i don't live in london, so i can't meet you there i'm afraid (if that's what you were gonna say) :) i'm in the manchester area. anyone who wants a thrashing, email me and we can meet at the trafford centre or even at coral island, blackpool perhaps :)
    on the subject, if anyone knows 'fat ade' in the manchester area and how i can get in touch with him, please let me know :) ade, i'm that guy who ya played at trafford centre (kage vs kage remember) :) let me know if you see this please....

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

speaking of the trafford centre and ttt.....
    i will be going there for some vf3 and ttt some time over the next 2 weeks. anyone here know if ttt is still popular there? anyone up for meeting there (for ttt or vf3)?
    my email addy is around here somewhere so please let me know if there are any players still 'up for it' ;)

8. Weisskreuz

Weisskreuz Member

Oh....I love VF fans like you.
    I often talk with people from Germany, they are all VF fans,
    and are always bitching about Tekken/Soul Calibur.
    Well, I love both games more than VF, but I never say
    something bad about VF, I tolerate VF, and all VF fans
    I know also many Tekken fans and the are also tolerating VF, they maybe say "I don't like VF" but they never say some thing like "VF is filth and so are it's players".

9. Guest

Guest Guest

u guys r assholes , losers of the highest breed...how could u compare suck gay games to TTT..

10. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

The real question is if you hate VF so much why are you on it's message board?

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Like I've said b4
    TTT breed losers such as urself.

thanks for proving my point 'LOSER'~~~

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

12. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

one thing i will say in tekken's defence is that the tekken characters are probably the most distinct and memorable in any fighting game (besides vf). think about it. take an example:
    doa2 vs tekken3: eddy, hwoarang, xiaoyu, heihachi and jin are (imo) much more interesting than the likes of tina and zack.

13. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

another bad thing about doa2 is how slowly the commands come out. after playing VF3 for 20mins playing pai, put doa2 on and pick lei fang. her d/f+k, p+k comes out about a full second after you input the commands! stupid game!

14. Weisskreuz

Weisskreuz Member

When did I say that I "hate" VF????

Acctualy Prince' posting made me upset.

15. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I was actually replying to that anonmyous poster who called us assholes. Your post made a whole lot more sense than his:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin