1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Two more ranking levels in ver.C

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by feixaq, Jan 31, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I know this has been alluded to before in the ver.C changes thread, but anyway, while playing Kumite mode yesterday, I bumped into a God Emperor Kage (the highest level, I believe... Dragon Emperor is just below, and then regular Emperor is now 3rd highest rank). Kage was wearing the 2P outfit, all white, but the trimmings were in gold. Pretty cool threads.

Just a random observation...

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah, I seen the white kage outfit, pretty damn cool!

3. LiQuid_Fists

LiQuid_Fists Active Member

how do u get these diff character clothing? i know that 1p and 2p are diff but are there only 2 per char?
    cus id like to be able to chose the outfit that my Shun uses..

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    according to a magazine I saw, there's a lot of new ranks, but most of them are "secret" at this point. I've seem 3 new ones on PS2: TeiOh- dictionary says "emperor", one I haven't looked up the Kanji for yet, another "Oh", and Dragon Spirit (I guess it's "Ryu Shin"). Dragon Spirit Aoi looks cool. Big red hair, black clothes...

Spotlite

5. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

According to http://www.interq.or.jp/silver/choakira/
    there are 8 new rankings in PS2 VF4.

10th Dan
    little emperor
    emperor
    monarch
    fist king
    devil
    wind god
    thunder god
    dragon god
    Emperor (Various famous players-Chibita ect.)
    large emperor

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks! I was trying to figure out how many more levels I had to reach on the PS2 version. Hehe. Currently at "Devil".

Actually, I think the terms "Little Emperor" and "Emperor" (xiao ba wang and ba wang), just beyond 10th dan, are slightly off; it's more along the lines of Little Supreme King and Supreme King if you go by a literal translation. Then, the highest two levels are Emperor (huang ti) and Grand Emperor (haven't seen this on PS2 yet)...

7. LittleWild

Thanks for the heads up about the "little emperor" translation error. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

There is some more info on the new rankings in ver. C at:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/>http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/</a>

Apparently there are 6 more mid tier rankings than what I have posted before. Making the total to be 14 new rankings in ver. C

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Apparently there are 6 more mid tier rankings than what I have posted before

Are these the "element" kings that were mentioned in another thread?
    sand king
    wind king
    fire king
    etc.

9. LittleWild

Erm, AFAIK, there aren't any sand king, wing king or fire king ect.

There is a wind god ranking though, so I don't think these rankings have been mentioned before.

10. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

just wondering....seen the ranking but still pretty confused...
    there is "shi ji" (tenth grade) to "yi ji" (first grade)..
    follow by the "chu ji"....is "chu yi" the 10th dan???
    if so..then what are the "shi ji" to "yi ji" called?

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sorry, what I posted earlier was incorrect. There are actually 29 levels in all (plus 7 alternates).

I'm listing them in descending order, plus win conditions for each:

Emperor -- (?? / Huang Di) -- beat 20 Dragon Gods in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Dragon God -- (?? / Long Shen) -- beat 5 Thunder Gods in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Thunder God -- (?? / Lei Shen) -- beat 5 Wind Gods in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Wind God -- (?? / Feng Shen) -- beat 5 Devil Kings in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Devil King (MeiOh / Mo Wang) -- beat 5 Fist Kings in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Fist King (KenOh / Quan Wang) -- beat 5 Monarchs in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Monarch (TeiOh / Di Wang) -- beat 5 SKs in a row, overall win percentage >= 75%
    Supreme King (HaOh / Ba Wang) -- beat 5 LSKs in a row
    Little Supreme King (ShoHaOh / Xiao Ba Wang) -- beat 10 10th dans in a row or beat 1 LSK
    10th dan -- beat 5 9th dans in a row
    9th dan -- beat 5 8th dans in a row
    8th dan -- beat 5 7th dans in a row
    7th dan -- beat 5 6th dans in a row
    6th dan -- beat 5 5th dans in a row
    5th dan -- beat 5 4th dans in a row
    4th dan -- beat 5 3rd dans in a row
    3rd dan -- beat 5 2nd dans in a row
    2nd dan -- beat 5 1st dans in a row
    1st dan -- 1000 XP
    1th kyu -- 900 XP
    2th kyu -- 800 XP
    3th kyu -- 700 XP
    4th kyu -- 600 XP
    5th kyu -- 500 XP
    6th kyu -- 400 XP
    7th kyu -- 300 XP
    8th kyu -- 200 XP
    9th kyu -- 100 XP
    10th kyu -- Start

From Monarch level upwards, if you have lower than 75% win ratio, you get an alternate title. See attached image:
    [​IMG]

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Kyu
    that's what it is called.

13. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Actually, Ji = Kyu; Duan = Dan

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

that's what I answer...
    I thought he wanted to know what ji was...which is kyu.

15. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i actually wanted to know everything, caused was pretty confused.
    Thanks for the help guys. =)

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Thank you very much FeixaQ /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

If anyone can flesh out the list with the lower than 75% winning percentage titles it will be greatly appreciated... Those are probably the ones that I'll be obtaining... =)

...or do you just stay at Supreme King until you can get it over 75%?

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

You get the ranks above supreme king, just a different title if win ratio is <75%

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Long Live the New Emperor!!

Yup! Just finally attained Huang Di status!! It took me a few games less than 700, about 95%, absolutely no "OMG I'm about to die press start" type cheating. It was really hard to collect the 7 spheres this way though...I've only completed it once.

The transition from Thunder God to Dragon God took forever, and Dragon God to Huang Di took four sessions!! Sometimes, I think losing actually may speed things up...it seems to me that every time I lost I would soon get challenged by opponents from the same rank...but that could just be me. (I also kept thinking that everytime I won by RO the chances of getting challenged by lower ranked CPU scrubs increased, heh.)

I also want to add that it seems past the dan level, it's possible to lose rank to opponents of higher or lower ranks.

Anyway, if anyone else has reached Huang Di, post how many matches it took. I'm curious to see if this number is fairly set or whether there is serious fluctuation. From what I can remember, I've really only lost one match that "mattered," i.e. a match that counted towards the streak required to attain the next rank.

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Long Live the New Emperor!!

Took me around 550 matches with Lei to get Grand Emperor. Finished collecting my 3rd set of vision spheres as well. But honestly, it's not very difficult for Lei players to exploit the Kumite AI, unfortunately.

20. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

Re: Long Live the New Emperor!!

It took me about 680 matches to get Lion to Grand Emperor. Im currently on my second set of spheres but i nobody in kumite mode seems to have the last one i need /versus/images/icons/mad.gif