1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Two more ranking levels in ver.C

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by feixaq, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Re: Long Live the New Emperor!!

Ice, who were you using? Kage?

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Feixaq: 550?! Wow, that's way better...anyone do it quicker?

Yupa: Yup, Kage.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Howard might have gotten it in 450-500 with Lei, perhaps. Again, Lei players can exploit the AI for the 90% combo most of the time, so you can get pretty far pretty quick with a relatively mindless sequence. I find I'm having more fun working my Kage up the ladder, but obviously, it's nowhere near as fun as playing vs human competition! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yeah.. computer is a sucker for that combo...
    Currently I'm on a 150-0 and 5th dan so far...

Challenging is definitely more fun.

5. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

Don't read if you want more fun in kumite

Well, CPU falls for Kage's helix uramawari all the time... plus that CPU doesn't throw break all that well. That means a b,d+P+G takes half of the cpu's life bar (even the named CPUs).
    - CPU likes to rise attack after they got thrown by Kage...i got loads more of the u/f+K+G bounce combo rather mindlessly.
    - CPU's low P-Throw syndrome works like wonder for Kage after they blocked the u/f+K+G. In fact i don't record CPU does anything else other than eatting the throw.
    - CPU just don't know how to handle Kage's Jumonji, some higher ranked CPUs do sidekick from time to time, but > 70% of the time they will either get hit by the sabaki (+crumble combo), or keep blocking until kage released from Jumonji, cpu eats lp ~ cpu got thrown.

i am tryng Aoi now. I think she is a little harder... though CPU never breaks low throw making Aoi's crumble extremely powerful. (that can be avoid by doing f+kk instead) (sideroll low throw/sidekick practice is more practical in PvP atleast)
    CPU tends to eat double stop after Aoi's f+pp hits, and CPU doesn't throw Aoi when double stop is blocked. Other than these, i have not yet found other "effective" *cough* trap for the CPUs yet. And... CPU takes away Aoi's most effective weapon in PvP since CPU never wait/pause when Aoi G-cancel her moves, this does provide good practice for Aoi player imo.

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

550 games is really fast. My akira reach Huang Di at 670+ games, even so, use the press start method alittle. AT one point i keep losing my spheres. How do you get to dural's rank? By playing against him?

7. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

You need to have a lower than 75% win ratio when you reach Grand Emperor to get the same rank as Dural. Check the list above that FeixaQ posted.