1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Two questions concerning specific frame times for move types...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by b4k4, May 27, 2002.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    1: How many frames are there between the execution of a reversal and the point at which it will no longer reverse attacks? (God I hopes the phrasing of that question makes more sense to you than it does to me... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)

2: How many frames into a throw do you have to be before an escape command can no longer be entered?

Thanks in advance, to those who take the time to answer my questions /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

1: How many frames are there between the execution of a reversal and the point at which it will no longer reverse attacks? (God I hopes the phrasing of that question makes more sense to you than it does to me... )

I think the reversal is only one frame, meaning it works or doesn't. If you reverse and the timing was ok, then you get it. If you reverse and the attack hasn't started yet, the reversal will never work. It's not like throws, where people can seemingly stand up and eat a throw halfway through the reaching out animation.
    The window during which you can reverse is specific, but I don't know exactly what the frames are. You must reverse x frames before the attack will connect. x is probably a number like 4 or 6 or so. In older vf games, you can reverse any time after the attack has begun and before it connects.

2. How many frames into a throw do you have to be before an escape command can no longer be entered?

Good question. I am fairly sure you can escape a little before being thrown, and I think the window for entering escapes is 11 frames long.

3. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Thanks for the help! (hehe, cool. I got promoted making this post /versus/images/icons/smile.gif)