1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

TX vs CO Videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by TexasLion, Sep 12, 2004.

1. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Here's a few replays of me against Juno during Evo2k4. I saved 7 replays total but I'll put up the rest some other day. The webspace is free (100 mb space, 30 gb a month bandwidth!) so I'm not too sure how good the tranfer rate is, or how reliable the links are. The site was down later today so who knows what's up with them. The vids won't be up for too long so get them now if you want (1gb a day bandwidth limit I believe). This is my first time using a capture card and making a video so any advice is welcomed. Well enjoy!

(right click and save as to save to pc)
    TXLion vs Juno1 (20 mb)
    TXLion vs Juno2 (13.3 mb)

-edit: took out 1 video to save on webspace

2. Calmfist

Calmfist Member

Sweet videos. I must say I smile a little more whenever I see Lion or Sarah take a beatdown. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I thought they were really good, tight gameplay and I love the music.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

TOP matches, i cant wait to see more evo 2k4

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

good matches ,what did program did u use to cap them?

6. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. I'll post up more in the next few days. They all are against Juno though, so sorry if anyone is expecting a lot of great matches from the other players at Evo2k4. I didn't get to save any other replays besides the few matches me and Juno played in the hotel room.

archangel: The capture card I got is a Winfast TV2000 XP Expert so I just used the software it comes with to capture. Then I used Windows Movie Maker for the edits, then used Honestech MPEG Encoder 5.0 to compress to a smaller size.

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Movie makes has one of the best compressions in my opnion (well thats what i use anyway usualy file sizes go no bigger then 10mb) you should try that to try and keep the file sizes down but overall good matches.

8. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Junosynth... MAD PROPS for having that nick alone man! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/KiwE

9. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    [ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

Movie makes has one of the best compressions in my opnion (well thats what i use anyway usualy file sizes go no bigger then 10mb) you should try that to try and keep the file sizes down but overall good matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I tried Movie Makers compression, but for some reason every single time I got the vids below 10 mb there was significant framerate drops. That's the only reason I started using Honestech MPEG Encoder. But I recently got SP2 which comes with a new version of Movie Maker and I think it might actually work now. I'm making a video for someone and I just tested out Movie Maker's compression again (after reading your post), and I think it's working better. I'll have to mess with some more though to really find out. I really would prefer that over Honestech because Honestech does weird things with the videos when you start off with a black background. Thanks for the advice. Compressing the vids was the main hurdle I was dealing with so I'll be glad when I get it all figured out.

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Great matches. I see you're even stronger than the last time we played (in texas).

Good editing too!

11. TexasLion

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    <font color="blue">Myke</font>, being the great guy that he is, offered to host the rest of my pretentious videos. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif So here they are.

Oh, incase anyone cares, I have no idea who the artist is for the song in the last video. It was another reader demo from that Future Music Magazine and I have since lost that issue. If anyone wants that song or the other reader demo song from video #3, just PM me. I got the MP3's for both of them. The other songs are all labelled. And sorry for the big sizes, next time I do this I promise I'll make them all smaller.

VF1TxLionvsJuno.mpg (12.7 mb)
    VF2TxLionvsJuno.mpg (17.5 mb)
    VF3TxLionvsJuno.mpg (20 mb was VF1 vid in first post)
    VF4TxLionvsJuno.mpg (14.3 mb)
    VF5TxLionvsJuno.mpg (18.8 mb)
    VF6TxLionvsJuno.mpg (16.8 mb)
    VF7TxLionvsJuno.mpg (13.3 mb was VF2 vid in the first post)

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The media server was down for a couple of days but is back up now.