Uh, can someone help a poor ignorant n00b?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Knevan, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Knevan

Knevan Member

Can someone explain to me what "TFT" is? I can't seem to find the meaning anywhere. Also, do "knee" combos refer to moves like Kage's f+d+df+k? Thanks a lot. :)

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

The TFT is short for "Ten Foot Toss". It's his b+P+G throw. There's even a kage opponent in Kumite with the name "10 ft. Kage". Haha. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Common combos Kage players use after the TFT begin with the knee that you describe; you can also do it by going d/f, d/f, f+K.

3. Knevan

Knevan Member

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Knevan

Knevan Member

one more question, what do you do when in a move list it calls for a move like PPb, where there are two punches or kicks right next to each other in a move?

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

? like if the movelist just shows PPP, no commas or anything?
    I think that just means hit punch three times rapidly, I can't remember what PS2 movelists look like. I'm pretty sure that's it. It may not always be clear, like (down arrow) PK might mean d+P, K or D+P+K. Then again maybe it's always clear and I just don't recall the system the authors used.
    Was that useful at all? I dunno.

6. Knevan

Knevan Member

yeah, it was useful. thanks.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

PPb would be
    tap punch twice then tap back (away from your opponent) with the joystick

There's no such thing that I know of. Did you want to type PKb which is
    Jacky's [closed stance] punch-crescent into shuffle step stance?

Do everything sequentially unless you see a plus sign connecting things, then you do them together.

For Jacky:

P+KPK is beat knuckle-back fist-crescent
    P+K together, then tap P, then tap K

f+PPd+K is elbow-backfist-low kick
    forward (toward your opponent) with the stick and tap punch together, then tap P, then tap down on the stick and kick together

f+PPKb is elbow-backfist-heel kick-shuffle step
    forward with the stick and tap punch together, then tap P, then tap K, then tap back on the stick