1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Uh, can someone help a poor ignorant n00b?

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Knevan, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Knevan

Knevan Member

Can someone explain to me what "TFT" is? I can't seem to find the meaning anywhere. Also, do "knee" combos refer to moves like Kage's f+d+df+k? Thanks a lot. :)

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

The TFT is short for "Ten Foot Toss". It's his b+P+G throw. There's even a kage opponent in Kumite with the name "10 ft. Kage". Haha. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Common combos Kage players use after the TFT begin with the knee that you describe; you can also do it by going d/f, d/f, f+K.

3. Knevan

Knevan Member

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Knevan

Knevan Member

one more question, what do you do when in a move list it calls for a move like PPb, where there are two punches or kicks right next to each other in a move?

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

? like if the movelist just shows PPP, no commas or anything?
    I think that just means hit punch three times rapidly, I can't remember what PS2 movelists look like. I'm pretty sure that's it. It may not always be clear, like (down arrow) PK might mean d+P, K or D+P+K. Then again maybe it's always clear and I just don't recall the system the authors used.
    Was that useful at all? I dunno.

6. Knevan

Knevan Member

yeah, it was useful. thanks.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

PPb would be
    tap punch twice then tap back (away from your opponent) with the joystick

There's no such thing that I know of. Did you want to type PKb which is
    Jacky's [closed stance] punch-crescent into shuffle step stance?

Do everything sequentially unless you see a plus sign connecting things, then you do them together.

For Jacky:

P+KPK is beat knuckle-back fist-crescent
    P+K together, then tap P, then tap K

f+PPd+K is elbow-backfist-low kick
    forward (toward your opponent) with the stick and tap punch together, then tap P, then tap down on the stick and kick together

f+PPKb is elbow-backfist-heel kick-shuffle step
    forward with the stick and tap punch together, then tap P, then tap K, then tap back on the stick