1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK crew ~

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by BK__, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

oh just noticed this, but seems like im too late boo hoo

2. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

You're not.

Seriously.

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

your on my team for the tb! ^0^
    Ok just spoke with the LAN place, all good to go, just need to bring the 360's, games and sticks down. I can bring mine down if need be but I need a hdmi cable as I use vga.
    We're gonna have a little torni for our guests, so don't be shy if this if your first time it's all for fun anyways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    I will be working that day so I guess it will start around 6 onwards (the torni) if people turn up earlier with equipment and play casuals I'm sure that's fine, I'll have a word with the manager again over the weekend to check.
    p.s place closes at 12 midnight, after that we can take dave and gutti for some nice food /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4. Crazy_Galaxy

since your here over a weekend too, maybe we should all go sightseeing? :p

5. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    what day is the Lan tourney happening?

6. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I'd want to come to at least one of these. The one near Troc would be preferable.

7. BlackDragon37

The one in Troc is ver. B, isn't it?

8. Crazy_Galaxy

15th evening, sorry for the confusion over the croydon venue.
    p.s does anyone have any spare hdmi to dvi cables?
    p.p.s the 15th event is a last minute thing we've put together for our overseas vf guests, depending on how it works out future torni's/sessions may be held there.

9. BlackDragon37

At the Console Lounge, yeah?

10. Crazy_Galaxy

11. BlackDragon37

Oh at Gamerbase?

Alright so let's make it official:

July 15th, at Gamerbase.

What time?

12. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    15 quid sounds ok to me.

so is the croydon event still on? or is it just @ gamerbase?

13. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    If it's Gamerbase, sweet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I can bring my 360, stick and copy of the game since I live around the block from Trocadero.

I have VGA and component cables.
    I think we're gonna have to use VGA for the screens there.

14. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    Its just gamerbase.

I can also bring a vga cable if needed

15. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    Ey, Ollie!

Yeah, I'm staying until the Monday. I reckon my friend, the one I'm staying at, will be working during the weekdays. I'll practically be wandering about on my own during those hours, lol. Me and Dave are going to this exhibition thing on the 16th though, but for the rest of the days I'll be just roaming about the streets. So, unless you guys are working at the same hours, please show me around! I use to attend 2nd and 3rd year at Holland Park School at the lower secondary school level way back in the olden days. Reckon I might just pass by there once to see if it still looks the same, lol.

Anyhow, I'll post you and BK my phone number through xbox live so you'll know I'm ringing you when I'm over. We can already send text messages through our phones I reckon. I'll try if you respond to my live message.

Anyhow, can't wait now! Just played a Yummi Dango on live earlier. Sarah vs Akira match, which was mad fun! Playing offline vs you guys is going to be the best thing ever. Lag free for once! Imagine the defence techs! LOL

16. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    Oh, and what cables would you guys like me to bring? I might be able to borrow 3 or 4 HDMI cables, plus I got 2 on my own. Bringing Netrom and Raider's stick too in case someone forgets theirs, hehe.

Or, would component instead of HMDI be preferable? The twins have 2 VGAs though, but I think they will be using them.

And, I'm bringing 3 copies of the game, just in case.

17. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

ouch £15 ok i best beg my mum for money, im so poor

18. RORY

RORY Well-Known Member

XBL:
    RORORORORORO
    Sorry the £15 price I got was for console lounge, but it aint happening there anymore, this thing is happening at gamerbase.

19. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    hey all, apologies for the lack of communications, i have been stuck in planes and trains for the past 2 days.

very awesome of everyone to arrange this, i'm definitely looking forward to getting some games in!

i'm in edinburg/glasgow for the time being but will be in london the 14-17th, so this works out perfectly.

i'm fairly familiar with london and its environs, will have no trouble getting to wherever we end up playing.

see everyone soon!

20. BlackDragon37

So... what time does the gathering(s) start?