1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK crew ~

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by BK__, Apr 26, 2008.

1. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    my first time going troc. but i should find it ok. would it be an idea for people that are bringing stuff to get there a little earlier aswell?

2. ChiefGutti

ChiefGutti Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChiefGutti
    XBL:
    ChiefGuttiWolf
    My friend lives at Holborn, so I'll have no problems getting to Piccadilly. I remember going Trocadero and Funland nearly every weekend when I was living in London during the days of school. I'll ring BK and Ollie tomorrow though, once I arrive.

Should I bring any 360 cables? Or do we have enough already considering there are 5 screens?

Gutti

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

awesome, i would say bring whatever you can..

i suppose :p

anyway, this event should be pretty damn good.

4. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

i dun have anything to bring except my cupcake self, ill be there by 2 cus on holiday from uni, man im so out of practise , havent played the game properly for 3 months so i wont be much of a challenge im afraid bk

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

that's cool, pai doesnt need practice, hahahah (couldnt resist!!)

just kiddin, you'll be fine, and the whole day will be crazy games, so you can warm up right there. as long as you remember your game plan. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

anyway, the turnout is just awesome, hope everybody can make it.

6. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

So people will be there from 2 till closing time?

I could probably turn up early around 2-3.

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

hope you got my no gutti, I pm'd it a bit late over Live.
    Yeah I'll be there around 6 due to work, should be fun, can't wait to be pwned by gutti and dave. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

8. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    K so, tomorrow, I'll be there around 1:30-2:00pm, we setup. Get everything ready and then party all day.

Don't forget the speakers guys, and the VGA cables, for those of you bringin 360s. I won't forget. And make sure you carry you're Memcard for saved replays, custom characters etc.

9. mattfabb

mattfabb Well-Known Member

Guys
    I'll be in London at around 11, is it too early?

10. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    i'l prob get there bout 1:30'ish aswell, sorting out all my gear later tonight (after a little training session /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ) so i wont forget any stuff.

im looking forward to it guys. its gonna be great.

11. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

Hope you all have fun! (i'm sure you guys will /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ) Is Beligerent_Feck joining in?

12. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I want to see some pictures and recorded matches, that way I know what I missed.

13. chunkis

chunkis New Member

Sup peeps,

I forget the results lol, I don`t know who i gave the bracket to in the end, i hope somebody posts up the full results. As for the matches most of them got recorded to HD, so they should be up soon.

Anyway i took a few pictures, there not very good, there was decent turn out, about 20 people in total came to play and watch and everybody had fun.

I didn`t intend to post these pictures up because there not pictures i intended to show to the VF community, i took them to show the funland / trocadero management to show them that people are playing vf in the building but not in the arcade lol. But they give you a little idea of what the set up was like.

i hope with these pictures i can convince them to some how reduce the price of vf to 50p for 1 or 2 credits, at least that way there is a chance of building a proper community for the game.

Anyway It was nice meeting you all, i had a lot of fun, shout out to jide for putting this event together and to everybody who turned up to support!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  14. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    I uploaded the matches to my Youtube page. Check my sig.
    YOu guys can link it in an appropriate thread, I didn't get the time to upload all of the brackets online, but I got the semis and the Grand Finals up.

The ones missing online are.

Sarah vs Lei Fei match, BlackDragon and Guttie semi matches.
    Sarah vs Pai match, of yeah that would be Geewaiho and Gutti's Finals Matches.
    And the 3rd place match (1), Pai vs Lau, Hatim and Geewaiho's Match.

At the time of this message, I will have already left for the airport sorry about the ones I couldn't upload to Youtube. Didn't get the time.

Hope you guys do more of these events when I'm gone. It was a fun day overall. Got to meet all you peeps from all over, world and forums.

15. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Sounds like it was good.

I propose you hold another on the 26th.

That way I can turn up.

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

you forgot the semi finals BK vs hatim also, but yeah thanks for the upload. where you goin? could you upload when you arrive? or impossible?

anyway, was a really great event, man - the atmosphere was very lively and oldskool. it's awesome for the UK crew to reunite again! and some people have improved loads, that i wasnt even sure if i woud make the semis, lol.

cheifgutti /chris - what can i say man, finals, i was so reluctant to force my standard guesses, i resorted to the basics :), to be honest you play different from most opponents because your fuzzy is strong, and you adapt to your situation well. i usually dont find sarah that hard to beat, and i was pretty relaxed during the day ¬

i think you deserved that win, you took advantage of my mistakes in the best way, awesome that you made it down here too, was a pleasure.

next time, netrom and raider also!

sekaijin / dave - great shun and sarah, thanks for comming down man, stuff like this makes VF events soooo much better. connecting from around the world and sharing knowlege ¬ i hope this is a good sign of things to come. ¬ good luck on ur interview too, then we can adopt you into our crazy scene, lol!

but seriously man, the event made itself to be honest, i just shouted out the words. the UK scene just got bigger too.

to everybody else, the scene was so tight, i think everybody deserves props for being part of it all, even those that didnt practice *ahem -burnt down old rags *cough* dat*cough*ollie, geeflow cupcake man *cough*akairyu*cough**cough* -- get in shape man! your games clearly showed your skills. work at it!

we'll try and work on a regular thing anyway.
    peace UK.

17. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    *cough* 26th *cough*

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Congrats to Gutti for win and of course its nice to hear of VF gatherings /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You actually played an oldskool VFer with good defense and yomi. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Not like this new generation that abare out of everything..lol. ALthough I would have liked to see Gutti use his Wolf more ^^

Pai~Chun likes this.
  19. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    yeah was a great event. i learnt lots from playing (and getting my ass handed to me mostly) and from watching the matches.

im gutted i had to go and miss the tourney, hopefully if it happens again we can do it a bit earlier.

it would be awesome to get together again.

20. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

me and most of the UK are oldskool, hatim has been playing since vf2/3, same as me and some others which made it interesting to finally meet.

facing his sarah during the day was fine, so i thought i had the match figured out. in the finals, he showed better initiative than me. his Wolf as he stressed many times - is based on mine. - which is kindda freaky, but also kindda cool.

but it was mad fun. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

new challengers!
    [​IMG]
    left to right:
    BK, CheifGutti, Sekaijin

[​IMG]
    left to right:
    Shouju, ricochet(behind), Akairyu, Optimus, J-Sharp, Black Dragon, Geewaiho, hatim, Gutti

[​IMG]
    left to right:
    Hatim, CheifGutti, Sekaijin