1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK destroyed FRANCE !

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by dynamic-league, Mar 12, 2002.

1. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

UK Dynamic League players destroyed the French this weekend and looted the nation. The French are in pieces.
    We sent in small detachment to take out the whole nation.

That's right we beat them up and took home all the prizes !

After beating all the French it was just Ryan and Genjin Jeffrey fighting each other for the prize.
    There was not even 1 French player able to put up a significant defence.

Let this be a warning to the rest of Europe, the US and Canada.

Let me say it once again for all those who didn't hear the first time.

The UK Dynamic League have all the strongest fighting game players in the western half of this planet.
    Challenge at your peril.

Now France is but a little mining colony under the rule of UK Dynamic League - The empire.

"You do not know the true power of the dark side"

2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Yeah that's right,I was there too and Ryan rocked tha place, but U don't need to be so arrogant U know, VF is still a underestimate and unpopular game in France (hope it will change with 4) and most 3D players are playing with pads and not stick, that's why the level at VF is so weak, we don't have much competition.

As far as I can remember this was the first Vf tournament I've ever seen in France so we still have time to improve.

However the French soulcalibur level is really something to see, certainly the best around Europe.The tournament proved it, with only french players in the Single and Team battle Finals (and semifinals too).In the 2D competition the Sreet Alpha3 Final was V-Dan( french) vs V-ryu the Swiss champion, and in third strike the English level is nothing compared to the French one as my friend Billy Kane who is a top /average player can beat the english champ, whereas he gets his ass kicked by the best French players.

But I have to admit it was really impressive watching Ryan play, and that it was really amazing to see his Kage. but U know, not all players have the opportunity to go to Japan to improve their skills, and I assume that really makes the difference,Ryan is a very experienced player with great skills whereas we are just "beginners" with 4.

3. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

hahaha, well it was inevitable!
    who cares about sf an soul calibur, VF is where its at!
    hell ima go to france this year an beat up on them like last july:)
    i still think it was funny to hear how the frogs didnt come down last month!
    also, how the hell can u blame not playing well at vf4 because your used to pads??? hahahahahahahahahahahaha

4. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

You have yet to feel the wrath of Florida ! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. dynamic-league

WRATH OF FLORIDA !

HA !

We like Florida Oranges.
    We will squash you like the Oranges.

6. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Alan Tan from Singapore will thrash you!!! errrr.... what am i saying?

7. RandomHajile

the retirement state?

8. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

You should really do some research before you assume that Mr White speaks for Florida. He does not. He's Canadian and lives in Canada so that should explain alot.

Florida is "The Sunshine State" for the record.

9. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Leave Canada out of it. Just like new england, Canada has no wrath /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

i still think it was funny to hear how the frogs didnt come down last month!

ahhh, it was only a matter of time before the inane posturing took a racist level. I've always been wondering when the chest thumping and foaming-at-the-mouth-we're-the-supreme-players would eventually lead to comments like this. Good to know you don't dissapoint. Can you chill out before you start to move in the ovens?

You fucks are the worst thing to happen to VF ever.

GE

11. BillyKane

BillyKane New Member

I feel obliged to reply since my name got mentioned.

I was there and helped running a few tournaments. I didn't watch the VF4 tourney much, but it seemed obvious that Ryan and Jeffrey were dominating. But then again, "just" Ryan? The guy's a top player and you know it.

"The UK Dynamic League have all the strongest fighting game players in the western half of this planet.
    Challenge at your peril."

You forgot to say that the UK players (who are great people and are probably ashamed of your attitude) lost in CvS2, Alpha 3 and Third Strike. Some of them even admitted that France was better in some particular games.

Stop trying to generate animosity between the players because there is none. Or at least get your facts straight. All you're doing is making your dynamic-league and its silly point system look even more scrubby than it is.

Did you see any "France destroyed UK" posts on Street Fighter forums? No, you didn't because we know of a thing called respect.

Before being about competition, games are about people. People who take care of you when you can't speak the language or when you have no place to stay. People who try their best to make you feel at home and have fun.

Grow up.

12. RandomHajile

address who your talkin to?

13. BillyKane

BillyKane New Member

dynamic-league of course.

I'm not used to this forum, didn't mean to address GodEater.

14. RandomHajile

haha, i was talkin to godeater

15. dynamic-league

Hello BillyKane,

What do you do?

16. BillyKane

BillyKane New Member

What do you mean?

17. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

how the hell can u blame not playing well at vf4 because your used to pads???

Isn't it clear? BTW I wasn't talking about myself personnaly, but for french 3D fighters players in general, not many use joysticks (all the best SC players use pads here for ex) and we all know that VF is all about sticks, try to pull akira's knee on a standard PS2 pad...I was trying to explain that Sticks are not part of the French 3D fighting culture (I'm talking about 3D here as it is really different for 2D ) and that it plays a role in the fact that VF is unpopular in Françe

The funny thing here is that the man who rocked tha place (Ryan in that case) didn't make any unrespectable comments as he kicked our ass but, other people who would eventually lose against him make such stupid comments like i still think it was funny to hear how the frogs didnt come down last month!

18. RandomHajile

hell ive been lossing 2 ryan 4 years back when namco was open, but im sure it was a french poster who said they was gonna come down an beat us last month, anyways its just friendly rivailry, hell u can call me roast beef if u want, anyway in a couple o months i'll be down in paris, so i'll let the 6hit tt combos do the talkin:)

19. RandomHajile

hell, he beat me 5times in a row last nite!, anyways i look forfard to playing the french at vf3/4 soon:)
    an if they wanna play streetfighter, im alwasy up for a game of super turbo/X