1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[UK Guys] Let's get Terminated by the ice-9!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Depends on how many people i don't think anybody want's 15 or more in one living room or do they ?? /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also i don't mind bringing my chipped ps2 along

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

oh this bloody sux.... i really am dredding p2w right now, i can't even modify moves there let alone evading.. -_-

mabye i'll stay in bed. *yawn*...

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to convince Game Focus to have one more VF session? I don't mind paying rent, if that's what's needed. I'd love to play in someone's house, though I am a little worried about being an inconvenience.

And that arcade...noooooooooo!!! Argh, have bad memories, plus it would definitely be only one machine.

4. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

The only inconveniance would be the number of people. Around 15 or more.

Gamefocus are going to use their basement as an extension of the shop so they've probabley already moved their stock in now.

The only way to carry on something like that would be if Dynamic League started again or people chipped in and rented a cheap place but then someone has to lug a couple of TV's down there. Trocadero in Picaddily have VS city cabinets and they may be putting VF Evo on one of them. Those sticks at least would be really good for everyone.

5. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

in troc the set up has changed!
    the vs city cabs are now on the side facing the cinema! and its where all the gamble macheans was/are! its well fucked!
    pluss sf3 is set on like max damage now!!!

U could ask steve if there can only be a VF one this sat! like only 2 tvs running VF instead o 4 TVs running games! i think he said he pays £50 rent, so if we all chip in...:)

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

verses city = back to back right?

does it have VF net slots? AND CARDS!?

7. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Nah man no card slots you'd need a hub network setup for that and the trocadero is run that will never happen /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif still if someone can convince them to put VF on the cabs it would be good. played on them the've got third strike on them and are very nice but a little old with wear and tear.( Had a few good rucks played better without the other players button mashing to distract you),

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

how much are credits? £1?

this is'nt the place you've been talking to me about for ages is it - or is it just around the funland area?

9. RandomHajile

its 50p a cred, its now near the v cop3 game, near the metal slug3, and its by the fruit mechs! some o the sticks are mashed now, on the sf3 cabs, they do hav another vs city cab, but donno if they will put vf on it, maybe super turbo as im sure that will get played more (mans game y'see)
    anyways they f'ed up the set up, prefered it when they was in a line near all the other fighting games on the pool table level! fools!

10. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

There are people who run Funland posting at TZ taking suggestions. They don't post anywhere else so you have to go over there and give em your suggestions. If enough people ask for VF on VS cabs they might see its worth their while.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so is there a consensus yet? It is still worth pushing back my flight home to Sunday?

12. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Well are you free during the day this week?
    I could have small gatherings during the day here as that''s when it's less hassle, uni students with no work like me are off at the moment.

I've only just decided to quit serious SC2 play to get into VF proper, and my play is basic at the mo, so I would need a few good players to show up to make it worth your time. My place is close to a Picadilly line station so it should be convenient for everyone.

The only place big enough to get everyone in at the same time would be at an arcade though, and that would be in the evening or at the weekend.

13. Crazy_Galaxy

[ QUOTE ]
    Shoju said:

There are people who run Funland posting at TZ taking suggestions. They don't post anywhere else so you have to go over there and give em your suggestions. If enough people ask for VF on VS cabs they might see its worth their while.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I can't stand that site it's even slower than here and I can't view certain pages /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif, Shoju if you post there could you put my support for them to put VF on them Versus city Cabs(maybe post a link to the various UK VF threads?), I'm sure everyone else here would support that desicion?

14. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

15. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

u know where i can get a decent cabinet for around £400?????? one which is a sitdown.... about 28" monitor size...

16. RandomHajile

i think its not worth getting vf evo on a vs cab, the big 40inch vf evo cab is fine enough! hell i think funland is getting lame now just when they was getting good,( having all the fighting games near each other, but splitting them up was lame!) steve talk to phil!

17. Crazy_Galaxy

Thanks for the link shoju looks like they may put evo on them cabs after all.
    [ QUOTE ]
    i think its not worth getting vf evo on a vs cab, the big 40inch vf evo cab is fine enough!

[/ QUOTE ]
    You mad!!! Versus city are what it's all about!! Shame about the location of the machines /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. RandomHajile

haha, hav u seen where they are? makes it hard for peeps to watch matches as well, pluss its more like them will put vf in the spare vs cab, think its only got 3 buttons, better not be top 3, hate the old button lay out

19. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    steve_dynamic said:

u know where i can get a decent cabinet for around £400?????? one which is a sitdown.... about 28" monitor size...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking to carry on the gaming league with that? Better to invest it in a VF only console league (which should be much cheaper) and make money since you get loads of people in for that.

When my standard improves and Im comfortable with the game I'll be down to Funland from time to time so hope to see you all there.

20. Zakuta

Zakuta Well-Known Member

Well, there are spare VC cabs (and maybe more will be obtained in the future?) - so putting EVO in one would be almost too good.

The little area where the cabs are now is pretty neat. All they need to do now is get the rest of the fighters there, make sure the AC is ALWAYS on and put a drinks machine nearer to the stairs. =D