1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK:HELP: thinkin' of holding a VF meet...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by RandomHajile, Apr 22, 2004.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

hey, after absolution disolved last week i was thinkin of trying to find say a comunity hall for day to hire (about £50-100) an we can then all smash VF for a day there:)
    i can bring a little sony tv that can take pure NTSC via composite video, a chipped UK PS2 with jap EVO and... i was given a true Multi System VHS recorder that could record all the games NTSC in colour while you play:)

who else could help out, as i prob could get another TV that can take 60hz but ive got a PAL booster that will make it sure it will run in colour, but ive only one EVO stick, i think we need 4 setups or so to make a day of it:)
    as it would only be £50to100 it would work out about £2 a head or so... (not no £15 rubbish)

anyways anyone willing to help out would be good an ting:)
    and any sugestions as well:)
    thxxx

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I can bring a ps2 down and a vga adaptor plus my stick too. Not much but the ps2 is chipped i guess /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only problem is finding a location /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Saurian

Saurian Well-Known Member

Do none of the TVs have SCART sockets?

I can get hold of PS2 RGB cables cheap (£5) if need be, and dont mind bring sticks/game/modded machine/cables along as long as it's usual crew and everybody is respecting next mans tings.

4. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

hmmm, ive got an idea
    if you guys really need a place to play, you can use my garden if you want. its quite big, and is a stone garden ( brick to be precise) so theres no grass whatsoever.
    the only thing is the weather. It aint happening if its raining. If its cloudy, yea sure, but if theres ANY signs of rain, hell no. this is because equipment would get ruined and shit.

ive got three tvs, two of em are ntsc compatible, im not so sure bout the other, tho i think it is a ntsc one as well. One tv is a 27 inch, another is a 21 inch and the other isa 14 inch. As long as someone brings 2 ps2s and 2 evos, with enuff sticks then we're in business....
    mind that, if this will happen, im only looking to get bout 10-15 people. (my place is average size but i dont think i got the experience yet to hold a big gathering....)
    we can hold one next weekend if guys are up for it. Only that im looking to invite the usual guys.

get back to me if you're interested......

5. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

oh and i live in kingsbury, next to wembly, easily accessable by jubilee on the tube......

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hi guys,

I moved this thread to the Jamboree board.

I hate to be a stickler (no, really, I do) but the Tournaments board is strictly for TOURNAMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS. Not for tournament brainstorming, ideas, requests, etc. Not for gatherings either (like the recent Ohio gathering thread).

In your paticular case, you're still in the "thinking about it" stage and looking for people's ideas and contributions. Please do that here in Jamboree.

If a tournament does eventuate from this process, then please go right ahead and announce all the details in the Tournaments board.

Cheers.

7. RandomHajile

well the tv i was talking about is a sony multi system tv, it dont have SCART input at all, its multi voltage aswell, but this matters not as it true NTSC compatable, ie it runs in colour using composite video (unlike some tvs that can only run 60hz via RGB SCART only!)
    anyways nxt week i'll be scouting for venues

thx for the offer of your garden aswell, maybe u should hold a session there, but a hall or summing really is needed as im sure about 30+ vf heads would wanna go:)

i wanna ask my friend for a lend of a projector aswell, but hes a fifa player an think all vf players are mad!!!
    anyways thx for the response

an myke i dont mind eather:)
    how do u do akiras knee bytheway....?

8. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

As organiser of the manchester meets I'd like to get involved somehow.

Any firm ideas on where you'd want to hold it? The most we've got together is about 20 and thast in the north so if we could find a middle ground or something I'm sure we could arrange a good day of maybe 60 players or so. I have a small ish tv and can run evo in colour at 60hz no probs as can will, Hes called Lead on here but his machine is a jap one.

Any more ideas let me know and I'll see what I can do.

9. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

me and Elite will probably be able to make it, and bring a ps2 (PAL: not chipped along with a copy of VF4 EVO and two official sony pads). i should be able to help out with money a bit as well.
    (p.s. we live in leeds, we go to LM_Akiras meetings in manchester......)
    keep me informed, ya?

10. RandomHajile

thx you northen vf'ers
    but to LM, its only ever gonna be in LONDON (home of the real VF heads!)
    dont really see that if 20 from up there an 30 down here should meet in a "middle ground"???

aint really looked at the moment as its been 23c sunny, but as the rains are coming i guess i might aswell

but are you 2 sure u wanna come down here just to get banged up??? hehe:)

thx for the offer of the uk ps2, pads are never reqired though!!! takes to long to keep changing the config, its not SF2 you know!!!
    anyways i'll post whatever when ever:)

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

about the pads, um, why would you need to change config?

X=[G]
    Square=[P]
    Triangle=[K]

all other buttons=No Use

isnt that what its like on a stick?
    we dont use any cheap shoulder buttons you know?

12. RandomHajile

so your telling ME, that every fool that plays VF on a pad uses defalt settings and with out using the top buttons???

hell its a head ach already when people change sticks an change it to type C!!!

13. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

no man, i am tell YOU, that WE dont use the shoulder buttons coz it is sheap and it makes staggering real easy.
    the only reason we use pads is coz we dont have the money to buy a stick, or know where to get one.

14. RandomHajile

well your online right???
    so thats easy access to 1: joysticks and 2: cheep deals!

15. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

wasn't there a setting for the joysticks where u don't have to change from type A to C? I remember doing it on game focus, it saved alot of time.

16. LM_Akira

See, whats the fucking point of me trying to get involved with anything when you turn everything into some fucking gay "DA SOUth Is BEttER than Da north 4 vf n US southERners would Pwn you all !!!11111!!" type bullshit?

Every opportunity that arises you're telling us we're shit.

I don't think theres anywhere on any of our thread that we north UK players have said we'd own all the south players so why the fuck do you say it every time you post? Whats with the bullshit rivalry that you're determined to create. Are you so poor at games you have to constantly boast that all south players are better to massage your ego or something? I'm at a loss as to why most of you act like that. If you're all this narrow minded down south what the fuck is the point of any of us getting involved? Don't know why I fucking bother sometimes.

17. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, the last time I was in London (in Trocadero) there seemed to be a very hostile and moody atmosphere around the versus cabinets, the standard of play was definetley higher than I had experienced before, but Chris your right, there does seem to be a north/south divide, it's almost taking me back to the 90's heyday of the blur/oasis rivallry.

18. LM_Akira

Haha yeah quite. I mean I can appreciate that the south players maybe be better. Hell we don't even have cabs in manchester or liverpool that I know off but that doesn't mean that there should be this huge divide between us and it certainly doesn't mean we'd all get battered if we came down to london.

19. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Your right Chris, i'm still gutted about havin no cabinet's here in MC, hell they had VF4 in Piccadily Amusement's and they removed it after 1 bloody week cos noone was playing it! But your right, we certainly WANT to play at an 'advanced' level, hell we it'd be great to even play bloody Ryan and get battered left, right and centre! I'm not surprised that VF is a 'cult' thing in the UK, bcos 1. Not enuff cabinet's, 2. 'Certain' people act like it's your in the Mafia if you play VF. Am I the only one who would travel if there was a Vfnet linked machine the UK? I certainly would.

20. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Sorry i don't know where you getting the impression of north vs south i couldn't care less tbh. If you come down i would welcome you as any VF Player. But i can't speak for everybody /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif