1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK Official Sega Tournament at PlayStation Experience

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shou, Aug 24, 2003.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

they wouldnt understand what the stick was for, it was on pad, as the ps2 was in a room in the back, oda used my jap evo case but emily eather reconisd him from b4, and she said summing about how he must o got that from me, tacticts u seee!

2. RandomHajile

respect to steve, i got emily to pick him and he flopped big time!!! how can u pick pai (and not be any good with her in the 1st place) and when you do the 3-4 punches, never folow with the kick, then just eat a sweep and pounce attack!
    at least malaki won soul calibur2 after i said he should pick him:) steve whats ur excuse? haha

3. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

lol u managed to get Steve up to play and he flopped using Pai as well! oh man.

I didn't know Random was JB man, lol. I never knew it was u until now. I'm late I know. Anyway, kudos to Ryan for winning the machine.

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Yo Random is your names James. I think i played your jacky at one of the evo booths. I assume you played ryan in the final. If you was i was the guy in the black adidas top.

5. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    optimusomega said:

Sorry's man I didn't get no frebbies (was thinking of bribing the annoucers for a stick /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif), they picked a couple of kids from the audience so no luck /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, the whole event was just an embarrasement for serious VF playing, [ QUOTE ]
    the tourney is with pads, 50Hz, and you get randomly picked form crowd...

[/ QUOTE ] they changed it to 60hz but it was 2 rounds on 30 secs with default pad buttons /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    not really a tourni just a big promotion event and a shit one at that, the only good points was playing the new turtles and castlevania game /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif, didn't get round to playing mario kart though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im looking forward to Casltevania and Turtles how were they? Is Turtles a traditional multyplayer scrolling beat em up. How's the music in Castlevania and does it play like DMC?

6. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

Yes... I officially suck.....

7. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Umm whos emily , or are u talking about the presenter emily newton dunn, who used to present BITS.

8. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shoju said:

[ QUOTE ]
    optimusomega said:

Sorry's man I didn't get no frebbies (was thinking of bribing the annoucers for a stick /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif), they picked a couple of kids from the audience so no luck /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, the whole event was just an embarrasement for serious VF playing, [ QUOTE ]
    the tourney is with pads, 50Hz, and you get randomly picked form crowd...

[/ QUOTE ] they changed it to 60hz but it was 2 rounds on 30 secs with default pad buttons /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    not really a tourni just a big promotion event and a shit one at that, the only good points was playing the new turtles and castlevania game /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif, didn't get round to playing mario kart though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im looking forward to Casltevania and Turtles how were they? Is Turtles a traditional multyplayer scrolling beat em up. How's the music in Castlevania and does it play like DMC?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah both Konami games were heavy!! Turtles is a traditional side scrolling beat em up but giving a new generation feel with different 3D angles(non hindering) with lots of interaction with the environment, barrels exploding cars etc, and the playstation2 version actually looks good cause they used anti aliasing like VFevo, Castlevania looks mad as well, seems more combo based this time but it feels like it will be good, only played up th first level boss, Massive rock thing /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. RandomHajile

yes thats her, did some hulk comp for 15grand in june i think, she has a sho on the sci fi channel, wont be back till autum tho, turtles did rock, has dash on one sholder button and a sort of uppercut juggle starter on the other sholder, plus you can shoot 10 shurikens or so, the robot boss killed my bar with an insane juggle!

10. RandomHajile

sorry cant remember much, if it was on saturday i had a white/black shirt on, an waxy hair! who did u play with?
    if i did [P]+[K], [P], [2]+[P], flipkick juggle on you, that would be me:)

11. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Heh which jacky player doesn't do that /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Yeah i was the Lion player that had the unfortunate beating of Ryan.

12. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

cool.. i remember you Jide... Come down on Saturday 6th.. at game focus. practise there and get better....

Might consider import SVC: Chaos arcade into the store. Will also be getting in the NeoGeo AVS Cart of tyhe game as well as Samurai Spirits Zero....

13. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

heh, they should change the word "tournament" to something more appropriate like:

UK Official Sega Interactive Raffle at PlayStation Experience

[/ QUOTE ]

An understatment a the least!!

14. RandomHajile

ohh, i remember, saw u play that blonde dude in the quarter final, i was saying to ryan to look out for your 5 hit combo, you even got a round of him, anyways to tell you the truth i dont rate lion that much, or lei, whats the deal with back an punch? to easy! haha

15. RandomHajile

MVS (arcade) or AES (home)?
    hav you taked to phil yet bout a cabinet?
    will you hav VF 10th disc on?
    i can do a combo that takes 75%!!! haha kage an dural!

16. Crazy_Galaxy

Do any of you peeps need me to bring down by US edition it's got the 10th anniversary game on the disc we just need a chipped machine /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Crazy_Galaxy

[ QUOTE ]
    steve_dynamic said:

cool.. i remember you Jide... Come down on Saturday 6th.. at game focus. practise there and get better....

Might consider import SVC: Chaos arcade into the store. Will also be getting in the NeoGeo AVS Cart of tyhe game as well as Samurai Spirits Zero....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Steve give it serious consideration this is looking like a sick game!! You got to love the Dimitri super /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. RandomHajile

well steve did get a copy of Virtua Fighter 10th disc for losing with pai with no kicks or blockin i may add:)
    i did 2, so he can run it, there is a uk ps2 with messiah2 chip, plus the jap ps2 that runs jap evo there!

19. _Jab_King_

_Jab_King_ Member

Damn it, how could i miss that one. Is there a chance to get another official Sega tournament here ein europe?