1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK Players: UMSD version2.0 Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by LM_Akira, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Ok, putting tekken aside, can we get back to the meeting.

Chris and Ade, the internet is working again, but i don't know for how long, so i'm sorry if i don't get any messages you might send.
    I'm now a little confused as to who is coming and what the groups now look like. do we have a definate on who is coming and who isn't? or are there still people who are a little unsure of whether they are coming or not?

Chris, do you want me to bring anything with me, coz i have all the means of an entire set up, except a T.V. so if you want i can bring it all, just in case people forget stuff, or certain copies don't work on certain machines or what not. if you want me to bring anything/everything, just let me know......

2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Ok, putting tekken aside, can we get back to the meeting.

Chris and Ade, the internet is working again, but i don't know for how long, so i'm sorry if i don't get any messages you might send.
    I'm now a little confused as to who is coming and what the groups now look like. do we have a definate on who is coming and who isn't? or are there still people who are a little unsure of whether they are coming or not?

Chris, do you want me to bring anything with me, coz i have all the means of an entire set up, except a T.V. so if you want i can bring it all, just in case people forget stuff, or certain copies don't work on certain machines or what not. if you want me to bring anything/everything, just let me know......
    as for the tournament it's self, i'm 99% sure that Andy is going to use Akira, which will be good, as i don't think there are any top Akira players coming, (unless one of the Londoners use him and i have forgot, or Ryan Hart decides to pick him and whoop us all!).
    i'm thinking of using Jeff, coz i just played Andy's Kage and whooped him 5-3 (though i got the same score when i played Akira V Jacky and the same score again when i played Wolf V Jacky, so i'm not really sure how to read the results). i just thought i would let you know that i am concidering using the lard assed one!

3. Onny

Onny Well-Known Member

you know i really wish i could come to this now.. but anyway, hope everyone has a totally smashing time!
    good luck to you all! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

My choo-choo tickets have already arrived, so I'm definitely coming and staying over for the Friday and Saturday.

Regarding Tekken V, is there any gameplay or is it just another less-than-impressive demo from Namco?

5. DaPrince

DaPrince Member

Minibus update and other things

I can be sarcastic, and I was being sarcastic. Optimus obviously has the skills to notice that, but that's probably because he knows my personality, no big deal anyway.

OK... with regards to the minibus. I can confirm that it has all been booked now.

Anyway...Minibus update:

My 2 spaces
    King Souther
    Optimus
    Ryan
    Random
    Jun
    Jide
    Gerald (VO)
    Stalwart (Horny Samurai)
    Akairyu Medion
    JerichoMPM
    Omegared

I can confirm that there are *** 2 *** spaces left. Let's try to fill these up.

I'll put a few quid towards Marc's (Columbo Jacky) seat, I think Optimus also kindly offered, as did Random and Gerald. Who else will be nice enough to offer a few quid towards Marc's ticket, you probably won't ever see that 2-3 quid that you donate back, but your kindness won't go unnoticed.

If we do bring Marc along then that leaves *** 1 *** space. Any takers?

Finally, just to recap on the meeting time and place. If any objections or suggestions please make them.

Willesden Green station, Jubilee Line Zone 2/3
    7:00pm. Please try to be on time :)

6. Nakura

Nakura Well-Known Member

Re: Minibus update and other things

Now that I see 800 people are going I really should make the effort to come up and bring my PS2/Telly. Hmmmph. 2 hours on the motorway, gah...

7. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

Tekken 5

Yes, T5 is good, but IMO not as good as tag and yes I still prefer VF, but Tekken 5 is such an improvement on the rubbish that was Tekken 4 it's almost scary.

Mike, I am off work from tomorrow, so if you wanna meet Wednesday night at the TC, I will, ring my home number tonight and speak to me. Oh, and Kazuya's Godfist is like tag's, expect it hit's high, not special mid and is electric on block, she he has the advantage and you can get 3 Godfist's in a combo.

so, Columbo Jacky might be coming? I'll warn Chris tonight, but am not too sure about the group's etc (LM has it all printed out at his gaff). Tomorrow is the last time I can see this web-site before the tournie, so it you need to contact me, get in contact with LM.

Not long to go now, my friends, you can almost smell the tension in the air, the moment is almost upon us. Hopefully everything goes to plan, it should be a great day for VF in the UK, something we can sustain and keep going in the future, maybe even getting a few more players and/or an increased standard in the mix.

Myself and Chris (LM) are gonna be studying the frame data for every character on Thursday, making sure our guarding is so fuzzy its blurred LOL, making sure our consistency for throw escapes are ship-shape, our flow charts are perfectly timed, our stance recognistion for combos is up to scratch and essentially we remember to SKANK where necessary, LOL.

The weather in Manchester at the moment is kinda sucking ass. One minute its sunny, next its chucking it down. At the moment, its windy as hell and there is an awful chill. I suggest bringing a coat or jacket, otherwise your gonna get wet.

I would love to see everyone play at their best, but obviously people are liable to have an off day (Myself included!). Although Im doing enough practice to hopefully prevent this from occurring.

I also hope everyones journey to Manchester goes well, there will probably be delays/cancellations on the day, which is unavoidable as sods law will rear its ugly head at some stage of the preceedings, Im sure!

A few final thoughts. Dont forget:

1. Your sticks/pads.
    2. Memory Cards.
    3. Money/ Bank Cards
    4. Train Tickets (if applicable)
    5. PS2s (if applicable)
    6. Games (if applicable)
    7. Deodrant (For the Friday arrivers!)
    8. Clothes
    9. Sleeping Bags (if applicable)
    10. Any game information you have. (LM has the frame data for almost every character).
    11. Digital Camera/ Cameras (for Photos)
    12. Recording Equipment (if applicable).

Finally, Good Luck to all entrants and remember.

Only the strongest will survive!

8. Sham

Sham Well-Known Member

Re: Tekken 5

Anyone who wants to turn up for practice session come to my bros place tomorrow at 6pm. So far theres optimus, knee, Ryan and some other heads.

Hatim, I will pay you on the day or if you come to my place tomorrow.

Thanks.

9. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    OMEGARED said:

Anyone who wants to turn up for practice session come to my bros place tomorrow at 6pm. So far theres optimus, knee, Ryan and some other heads.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can officially say i cant come 2moro to this function. sorry but starting a new uni wit some fine ass girls.....
    sigh, my vf days r drying up again.............

im still on for friday tho. looking forward to seeing elite version 2s pad tactics..............

10. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

"Anyone who wants to turn up for practice session come to my bros place tomorrow at 6pm. So far theres optimus, knee, Ryan and some other heads.

Thanks."

I can come; assuming it's not far out of London? Just post/PM the address and I'll be there (need the practice).

11. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

It's at the usual place silly /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif (I think... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

12. SlimTYME

The tournie

Right, this will pretty much be my final post before the tournie. It's good that no-one appears to be dropping out at the last minute. I just have a few request's, could someone bring:

An ORIGINAL Japanese VF4: Evo disc
    An ORIGINAL PAL VF4: Evo disc

Or as a general rule, if possible, bring any Jap or PAL original games (of course, with 60 hz mode!). If I had room, I'd bring my switched Saturn for VF2, but at the end of the day, it's all about Evo, so it'll probably be a waste of time. Looking forward to the VF2 anniversary thing, I forget how good Akira was back in the day (Skanky!).

Anyway's, if I don't post again, I'll see you all on Friday/Saturday. Mike, I'll PM you my home number.

Only the strongest will survive!

13. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Hi All, it's all looking swell for Friday then, Why doesnt' DAT come? Or Berserker? Or someone else? Anyway, I'd like to mention that I won't be able to at the session for 6pm. I'll probably be a bit late. What time is it going on until?

Jeffahn: It is at the same place as last time. He said his brothers place so I guess its the same place as last time.

OK, c u guys

14. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: 25th

[ QUOTE ]
    OMEGARED said:

im still on for friday tho. looking forward to seeing elite version 2s pad tactics..............

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?!?! why me? what did I do? why are you so interested in me?

Ade, you said that people will be having an off day, i think both me and Andy will be performing at a less than average level, as we can't find the time to practice, what with him working 12 hour shifts, and me having a lot of A-Level work to do, we get maybe 30 mins every other day!
    sorry if we dissappoint people.
    you also asked if someone can bring a copy of Evo (PAL), thats not a problem, i am thinking of bringing everything except a T.V. so we al least have a spare set of everything.
    good luck to everyone, it looks like it will be a decent meeting, hopfully we will get some exciting matches.

15. SlimTYME

Re: 25th

Well, me and Chris are gonna be doing some hardcore practice tomorrow night (we are gonna study all the frame data for EVERY character). I've certainly feel better at VF than I did the last time I played you, Shaun (when I didn't get a single win!) so I should get some win's, I certainly am enjoying VF atm and stance specific stuff is stuff is actually sticking, /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, about bloody time!

Looking forward to seeing your Jacky cut some rug, and to see you play Mye (because he's exactly double your age!). VF played at all ages!

16. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Sup guys!!!

I now have access to the back of the parking lot!!

Ummmm I mean I now have access to the intermerweb till friday!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, glad to hera everything is still going to plan. atm I'm not 100% sure exactly where we'll be holding the event...might even do two groups in one room and two in another to avoid "cheat" placings in the groups.

Now, as for the London guys, do you know what time you'll be getting up here on the friday night....and also what refreshments/food would peeps like to be eating? I'll get stocked up over the next few days with stuff.

Ade and Mye, some great matches the other day, Mye your Lau is evil!

I'l be back on here later in the day so if anyone needs to PM me or anything from now until the tourney then it's now ok.

Further more, it does look like we'll have a few dubious places in the tourney atm so if you can make it here, please do. If we have too many peeps then you may not make it into the actual tourney but rest assured you'll have plenty of time to get a load of games in either side of the tourney.

Also if anyone has a jap copy of Evo (not a copied version) please bring it with you.

Peace out.

17. Sham

Sham Well-Known Member

yeah, its the same usual place.

18. Akairyu_Medion

Akairyu_Medion Well-Known Member

Final Confirmation: I am with the A-Team Minibus.

London Lads: Anyone about in London on Friday afternoon before we head off to Manchester?

Last but not least I'll see you lot later and good luck.

19. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

nah sorry only praccy session is today at shams I think, everyone else is working till we leave.

Sham: Do you think Rui/Beserker would like to fill the last space? I know it's short notice but it'd be cool to have him come too.

20. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

dont suppose i could come to shangs meet, sorry for intruding in this thread. Considering I cant go to manchester I would like to play you guys before you lot go. Pmed sham already but notsure if hell get it in time.