1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK suppliers

Discussion in 'Console' started by Ryuken, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Ryuken

Ryuken Member

Hi, I'm new here and I'm sorry if this has been done before but I did search beforehand.

Does anyone know of any suppliers in the UK of the Hori VF4 Evo sticks, or the Hori Real Arcade Pro stick. Any links or information would be greatly appreciated.

Everywhere I look on the net the VF4 Evo sticks are unavailable/sold out, and having a UK supplier would save me money on import tax/shipping and handling.

Thanks in advance.

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

I think you might be able to try Gamefocus down in London for sticks...not too sure though I'll find you a link.

EDIT

Well the Gamefocus site said they didn't stock any sticks (though they have imported games etc).

Probably your best bet is ebay.

3. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Yo,

Try

www.videogameimports.com

They sell the Hori Soul Calibur2 Stick, which will do the job just fine. It's 39.99 quid and they deliver promtly and reliably. You can use switch.

I have ordered several DC games and my SC2 stick from them.

Hope this helps.

N.

4. LM_Akira

Hey thanks for this man!

I've wanted to buy myself a back up SC2 stick for a while but not really wanted to justify the 70 odd quid expenses from importing.

Cheers!

5. Ryuken

Ryuken Member

Thanks for the help/info guys, ebay hasn't got anything so I May try the SC2 stick.

I read somewhere on here that the SC2 stick was too loose, could anyone tell me if this has any big affect on control or gameplay, and is it much different from the Evo arcade machines? If not I'll probably get it. Thanks a lot.

6. LM_Akira

I find the SC2 greta for playng Akira (and anyone else for that matter!).

I'd reccomend it on the basis that you can also use it in other fighting games eg SF2, Tekken as you have 6 buttons as opposed to the evo stick's 3.

7. Ryuken

Ryuken Member

Thanks for the info, I'm going to order one now, I've just starting learning Akira and I like my SF too /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. LM_Akira

LOL yeah, your name gives it away!

The stick does feel a little loose compared to Namcos sticks say but i find that it actually helps with regards Akira's modified moves. The buttons are nice and big and very responsive which also helps with the more demanding commands (eg knee!).

As for SF2 yeah, the stick works great for that too, you wouldn't be able to play SF on an Evo stick!

9. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Glad I could help.

The SC2 Stick and me, we have become the best friends since i got it August 2003. I have used it to play 4 Evo as well as CvS2 almost daily for a cuppola hours and it is still going strong!

And yeah, it works really well with SF-type games.
    (Try doing Geese's Raising Storm on a pad...)

N.

PS: ...hmmm... a backup Stick... hmm... now you've planted a thought in my head right there...

10. Ryuken

Ryuken Member

Thanks guys my SC2 stick arrived today. I can tell it's going to be a while before I get used to it but already some moves like Akira's [3][3][P] are easier.

11. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

i really hate the buttons on the sc2/t4 stick!

what up with those flat/fat buttons???