1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK Ultimate RankingBattle/Sunday 25th March 07

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Ok Neo empire are running ranking battles on this day for various events I have managed to convince them to have Vf5 there to showcase it to people,
    now we can play casuals all day and if the demand is there I can run a torni for us.
    Anyways more details are here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Details read here.

2. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX
    Would there be stiks set-up or would we have to bring our own?

3. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Re: UK Ultimate RankingBattle/Sunday 25th March 0

If I can get my arcade stick in time, I'll come.

What's the best time to turn up?

4. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

i might go if the turn out for vf 5s good

5. Crazy_Galaxy

always best to bring your own as you won't have to rely on others to lend theirs out or use pad.
    maybe around 2ish onwards,
    vf5 will be casuals and if enought people ask I will run a quick torni for us.

but how will you know the turnout is good unless you go?... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
    p.s Don't you want to beat everyone up and prove your no1? ;P

6. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX

I've got a PS2 stick but sadly no converter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I may just watch you guys play while I'm waiting for my matches anyway, I don't think I'll be there on Sunday for too long.

7. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

I would literally only be going for the vf5, any ideas on numbers for the vf5?

8. Crazy_Galaxy

there will be more than 1 setup, if yuor gonna travel all that way just to watch do yuo think it's worth it?
    Don't worry someone will lend you a stick to play on the only way to get good at this game is to play so don t feel shy.
    I'm hoping at least all the regulars who you saw from ezone and the one's that couldn't make it from last time, plus old and new faces, so quite a few.

9. Crazy_Galaxy

First post updated with more Vf info /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX

Rah, they have converters, boom! Might have to sacrifice my whole Sunday for this but it'll be worth it! Oh, and a question about converters; with a game like VF5, will the lag from converters be anything to worry about or will it only screw you over in rare occasions?

11. Crazy_Galaxy

Not 100% sure on this but the lag will affect vf5 not tekken 5 dr,
    but hey if you want to test it out with some ps2 sticks feel free.
    There shoudl be plenty of sticks to go round though, you shouldnt' have a problem findign one to borrow/share for the day.

12. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX

I've got my PS2 stick, but I know that VF5 is a precise game so converters may not be the best option. I'm just really hung up on this whole 360 and PS3 thing; whether to get a stick for the PS3 or 360 is kinda doing my head over, since you never know which console version will be the adopted standard.

13. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I'm also wondering about that. The 360 may never even get another good stick and VF5 isn't being released in Japan where the sticks are mainly sold. If it doesn't then the 360 version won't be the standard.

The PS3 might be the system thats gets most of the best fighters anyway if the last generation and current sales in Japan are anything to go by.

I'm a bit worried that the VSHG and HRAP3 are gonna be sold out within months and then become rare so I'm gambling on the PS3 being the main system for fighters and getting one of those sticks.

14. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

Dammit! I was set to go to this, but now I'm moving house that weekend.

15. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX

Same, but what if 360 gets version c and PS3 is stuck with Vers. B? I guess we'll just have to wait =/

16. Cupcake_Desu

ok then ill go then, its only in harrow, any excuse to play vf5, but just to comfirm if people misintepret what ollie said, i aint no 1 player or think otherwise /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

17. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

you're No.1 in Ollie's eyes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

i might go although i hate travelling down london on sundays, the train service normally have engineering work and it's pretty unreliable.

18. Cupcake_Desu

yeah ollies my VF groupie beaytch, what line is harrow on??

19. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

Gho, you're buying your own stick for this event? Play.com is selling Hori stick for 35, same as jeffahn's.

might need to borrow someone's if i turn up. most probably will.

20. Crazy_Galaxy

I heard a certain bull played vf5 in training from 10 a.m to 8a.m the following day! Find out if this bull will run havock this sunday! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif :
    9 kk!