1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UK Ultimate RankingBattle/Sunday 25th March 07

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

Re: UK Ultimate RankingBattle/Sunday 25th March 0

well for your information slag,it wasnt by choice i went to the station and there were no more trains, plus i didnt play vf ater 11, so there :p,

2. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know I wont be able to make it to this event after all, next one definately. I folded and bought a ps3 with vf5 so am totally skint. Will be able to get some practice in and play all of you next time. Especially Jide...

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

might sit this one out` VF5 system really fustraits me atm

- throwing is harder
    - garanteed throws are less
    - nitaku at -6 upwards
    - high jab is more significant
    - small advantage is worse

i want to really figure it out before i spend money to
    travel n play it. ~ i play a defensive character, but VF5 encourages agressive play, ~ gotta run some training tests and utilize the game's mechanics my way (all over again)o__o.

4. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

1. WE (the vf'rs) alll need to support vf in order to have future events, if the turn out it low they will gather that vf interest in low and no more torni's.

2. Hardly any of us have the ps3 and vf5 so who cares?

3. It's not all about winning no one is expected to play their best as the game is still new, just come down and have some fun is what's important. (and hey you may learn some stuff through playing!)

4. I'm sure your get value for money on casuals as apposed to spending it in the arcade on crap sticks.

5. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

will be there next time for sure. Optimus, hows the high grade, I got the fighting stick and its kinda temperamental isnt it? How much better is the high grade?

6. Crazy_Galaxy

yeah it's much better than the hori stick.
    Thanks guys for turning out even if the torni was really disorganised, guess it was a trial run anyways, and yeah it is frustrating trying to play 5 when you don't have the game and don't knwo the system /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

7. Zakuta

Zakuta Well-Known Member

Hey - VF was actually getting a lot of exposure yesterday /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I think VF5 was the only game that actually came to using a one and off system because there were so many people looking to play.

VFHG stick ain't bad at all - I dunno why it's so heavy though, there's practically nothing inside the stick. I guess it's just the shell that weighs so much? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Maybe there will be a proper NE VF event - I'll definitely be down for that. Need to actually find a way of actually practicing Sarah and Eileen though (thanks again Gee Ho for the Sarah stuff =)).

8. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

How much did everyone have to pay to get their high grades or RAPs?

9. Crazy_Galaxy

For everyone else who's interested in the vshg the price comes to £60 with shipping then add £22 if you don't get away with customs.

The next official event is:
    "Summer Showdown 2007

Date: Sunday 15th July 2007

Confirmed Games:

Guilty Gear Accent Core - 1 vs 1
    Virtua Fighter 5 - 1 vs 1
    Hyper Street Fighter : Team Tournament

More Information to follow soon, so please stay tuned".

Lots of early notice there and it's an official event so the organisation should be good, see here for future updates:
    click link!

P.s: Ranking battles will also hopefully be back in some form or another, hopefully a monthly thing, again stay tuned..