1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Fighting Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Daniel Thomas, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

This has probably been discussed before a long time ago, but I wanted to pick people's brains again. What was everyone's thoughts on UFC (Dreamcast, of course)? I never played the game except for the demo on one of the OCDM disks; I kinda liked what was there, but I just never got around to picking up the full game.

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

2. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

i made the mistake of getting excited about this game, and believing much of the hype. I didn't play it extensively (frankly I couldn't be bothered), but my experience of it was repetitive, sluggish, and mash/abuse friendly (at least beginner on beginner).

It felt like a wrestling game as opposed to a fighting game. Not good.

Some of the reversals were neat to watch, but you (well, I) never really felt in charge of what was going on.

In a word: avoid.

grib.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I LOVE this game, but hate it..cause like most games that require another human being to be fun, I have no competition. THe reversal system is excellent..it is truly unique..while some characters simply are more powerful, that is the way it is in real life...I definatly recommend getting this game and really getting to know it.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I haven't touched this game for a long time (since last October?). At that time, I did enjoy it, but we ended up just fighting to get to the backmount position.... In any case, is there much that can be done to get out of that position? We didn't spend much time researching.... but I remember that being one of our annoyances.

Other than that, it was fun.... for awhile anyways.

5. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

can you be ken shamrock in the game?

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master