1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Showdown - El Blaze Resources

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, May 31, 2021.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    First and foremost, congratulations on choosing the best character in the game.

If you are unfamiliar with the incredible resource that VFDC is let me help point you to the right places as you begin your journey to become the next top El Blaze player.

All of this can be readily found if you poke around a little but for the sake of the lazy I'm putting it in one spot.

Reading Material:

1. VF5 Wiki

You can't be the best if you don't understand the game in general. Read through each of the system links and get familiar with how the game works.

2. Defensive Techniques

A fantastic breakdown of a lot of key defensives mechanics in Virtua Fighter by Strider786 well worth taking the time to read through.

3. El Blaze Wiki

Very general information on our beloved luchador on this page, there's even a video on Blaze's punishment options from yours truly at the bottom which will help get you on the right track.

4. El Blaze top 10 moves

001 has put together a fantastic list of some of Blazes best moves here. He even goes on to elaborate on more of his tools. Reading this is a great way to jump start your understanding of Blaze's moveset.

5. El Blaze Start Guide 1 + El Blaze Start Guide 2

Incredible reading material and insight from Donburi and Shironuko, some of the best Blaze players in the world. A huge thanks to Modelah for the translation!

6. El Blaze Strategy

Another fantastic article from 001 and an invaluable resource for any budding Blaze player.

Resources:

1. El Blaze Command List / Frame Data

This is worth keeping open while you practice and play. I would personally recommend hitting view in the corner and setting it to a flat list view so you can have everything on one page
    upload_2021-5-31_11-6-10.png
    When you're on the command list you can sort by the columns at the top. So for example if you click GRD you can sort based on moves which have the best or worst frame advantage on block.

upload_2021-5-31_11-7-59.png
    This is also useful when looking at other characters moves as you can quickly find out what is block punishable.

Additionally you can click a move for a more detailed breakdown on it and an image of what the move looks like.

upload_2021-5-31_11-9-57.png

2. El Blaze Combo List

Again I would recommend setting the view to a flat list but that's really just personal preference.

Here you can find a fantastically curated list of combos with El blaze. If you're unsure of what an input means, please hover over the icon for it and a handy box should appear explaining more.

To find combos for against a specific character you can simply click the icon for their name and it will filter only combos with that character in the list. This is great for those bigger or more awkward characters.

upload_2021-5-31_11-16-8.png
    Similarly you can also sort the combo list by their columns so if you want to quickly find max damage combos it's as simple as clicking the DMG column at the top!

upload_2021-5-31_11-17-55.png

Watch List:

Phoxx
    Twitch Twitter

[To be Completed]

If you're creating content as El Blaze please link it to me and I can add you to this section to help other El Blaze players find you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022