1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Uneven ground?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by haste, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    The entire premise of this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

and, unfortunately, many others...

[ QUOTE ]
    is idle speculation and meaningless rhetoric,

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just can't let go of the past (like Chanchai replying to a 3 month old thread) /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I swear if I see one more thread requesting Taka back, or how much better uneven ground would be, I'm going to close this site and replace it with a bunch of VF3 text files. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If I can be serious for a moment, enormously lavish detailed stages with interactive backgrounds is simply not VF. The most recent example of such a fighting game is DOA, where the background is very much in the foreground of the fight. To fully utilise all this space, you need a way of moving the characters across large distances in short amounts of time. Some 3D fighting/action games (e.g. Ehrgeiz, Powerstone) allowed characters to run around freely in 3D like headless chickens, whilst other games employed knock down attacks that sent the opponent flying (DOA).

If VF did utilise these large environments, how would the characters move about in them quickly? 3D run? Flying knockdowns? Next you'll be wanting exploding walls, trumpetting elephants and boxing kangaroos! No thanks!

The premise of the fight in VF is simply a tournament where each fight is staged in a ring.

2. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I want Taka back & in VF5 we should have at least one stage w/ uneven ground!

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Point Taken.