1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Unlisted (LD) Combo

Discussion in 'Brad' started by MCSquared, Oct 20, 2007.

1. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

(LD)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif*pause*/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(LD)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

66 Damage on regular hit.
    75 Damage on counter hit.
    Second (LD) is initiated immediately from the upper combo.

*Pros*
    Solid damage and motion. Found to be most effective after connecting with a spacing move like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. Effective for ring outs in open arenas depending on position. Easily followed with a quick ground attack for additional damage. Works on all weights.

*Cons*
    An opponent with half a brain will recover after the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. If you continue with the second LD motion after a recovery, expect to be punished.

Admins, feel free to move this post if needs be. Checked the black book and a few other threads but couldn't find this, so here it is. Long time lurker, first time poster.

2. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

It's not in the Black Book since it's not a combo.

As you yourself pointed out, opponents can tech roll out of it. But it is a good way to punish people who don't tech roll though, and it's easily hitscannable.

3. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

@jeneric: I was wondering about that, or what people specifically classify as a combo. It's not really a string, and the Dojo counter registers it as six-hit (seven with the down attack, of course) combo.

4. Jeneric

It's a combo if all hits are completely 100% guaranteed to go in after the combo starter hits.

That means that if they can block, recover from a stagger, tech roll etc it's not really a combo, even if the Dojo counter counts it as one. The reason you might see the Dojo counter do this is since it makes it more convenient to see what kind of damage you can make from situations where they don't recover from the ground or a stagger etc

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Set the settings of the opponent in Dojo, so that he/she techrolls, so you can check what combos are actually combos. It's not a worthless string that you found, but not a guaranteed one either, sorry.
    Good that you actually try to find something.... Hey, maybe you'll find something better than the combos in BB... If that's possible :p

6. Jeneric

It's actually not that hard.

7. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

@Jeneric - Coming from someone with their name in VF5, I'd believe it. Who else do you play as besides Vanessa (and Brad apparently)?

@Griever - Thanks for the advice on the Dojo. I played EVO and loved the practice settings there, but was pretty put off by the options in VF5. Glad there's some functionality there.

8. Jeneric

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Actually, getting my name in the game is hardly a merit, Sega had a form on their page where you just had to enter name, character and PR line.

I dabble and gather knowledge about most characters, but I'm only "good" with Vanessa, but I'm slowly building up my Brad game.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Yeah, but still makes me jealous that they changed my name.. From Manjimaru to Angry fist. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. MCSquared

MCSquared Active Member

@Angry Fist /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif - KissMyFist would have been pretty sweet. I mean, Angry Fist? Yeah he's angry, but whats his motivation?

@Community - somebody PM the hell out of me if this Sega ever does something similar for VF5 EVO (fingers crossed) or VF6.