1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Unnecessary move presence in VF?!

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by SUGATA, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I always thought, that VF have not UNNECESSARY moves unlike many other fightings (Tekken, Soul Calibur)-i.e. all moves from all characters are needed in some conditions/situations, there are never no unnecessary or clone-moves(synonim moves) ...
    ...But one day when i learned Brad i found that he has that type of move: it is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!

Explanation:
    He has 2 already similar moves: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gifand /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-they have almost the same frame data (+1 vs 0 on CH, 16 vs 13 dmg- never mind); same range; same stnce status (not crushing high or low).
    ...BUT, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif have string continue by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (that is safe on guard and half-spin), so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif unlike /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is much more good move, because more safe: even on guard (-14) you can continue by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(string) and crush opponent's punish. So there is no need in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif...

What do you think about this VF-phenomen?

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You seen Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif?

3. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    I think its good for Okizeme situations especially against delayed rising attacks.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Have to respectfully disagree with you there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

IMO, of all Brad's low kicks, this one is the least telegraphed which makes it vital as a round finisher, where low kicks get most of their mileage from.

So while it may not be the most useful or versatile of low kicks in Brad's arsenal, I wouldn't say it's made completely redundant and hence unnecessary.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is useful against people who don't like to tech roll /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif yeah yeah I know you can use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif the same, but I just had to show him that you can find a use for everything.

6. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Please tell me what /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gifadvantage is over /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif?
    i don't see this /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
    But i see /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif advantage-2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gifcontinue, that, while all other properties are the same, give /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif much more safe usage, especially at round's end, when guarding your kick (-14) by enemy is fatal.

7. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Be patient SUGATA, they have already changed Brad's low kicks in VF5R /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I already stated one advantage. The animation of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is less obvious than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (this is what I meant by "least telegraphed" in case you didn't understand).

The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif kicks with the leading leg while /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif kicks with the rear. To me, this added deception can be an advantage when you need to finish off the opponent in a hurry.

Yes, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif has a canned follow-up, but it's high and can get you killed if the opponent ducks.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is overall better than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I personally use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif much more in regular play since it is very versatile. All I'm saying that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be useful at the right time.

9. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    May be. Agree, possibly this (less visually noticeable to the reactionis like Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) is the only advantage of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif over /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is useless against smart players, but u can use it sparringly for players like lei fei who goes into these stances they can't get out of in time to block. or someone like pai or eileen who does alot of quick strings from all over the place.

11. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Everything else is unnecessary.

12. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Hail to the god that you are realy WRONG...otherwise i would have thrown VF on the scrap-heap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I honestly think that there are moves put into VF just to "punish" a player for not being precise with their input.

The brad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif example is one. Another is Akira's "Windmill" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. I swear the windmill is only in the game so you can't buffer in the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as fast as you could in Evo.

'Course, I might just be pessimistic /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

You forgot DM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

15. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    DMPK renders everything else obsolete.

16. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif are the same move, but the former doesn't seem to want to come out when i do it in combos, so i use the latter.

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    That's good - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif executes 1 frame faster (14 vs. 15).

18. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    does this mean we can put /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on the list of moves that are arbitrarily deemed useless?

19. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Couldn't commands as such work as delays on eteg?

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

no