1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Unregistered users please read

Discussion in 'General' started by Hayai_JiJi, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Who the hell are all of you anynomous user's I just checked and there were 41 of you online at once. That is freaking nuts. Would some of you please register. Or at least post in this thread and tell us a little about yourselves and why you are interested in VF.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Lonelyfighter on 08/23/01 12:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

LOL! That's funny... and true too.

I'm curious how WWWThreads logs unregistered users as online. Based on discrete IP addresses pinging the forum in the last 10 minutes?

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Oh, I just thought about it. When we read Japanese message boards using Babelfish, it masks the IP address. Could be that some Japanese readers are using an English-Japanese translator and hence perennially show up as "unregistered user" (although given that our info is slightly behind what is available in Japan, I'm not sure why they'd want to browse this forum... brushing up on English and colloquial terms, perhaps? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif)

4. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

well i think they either just don't bother to register since you can post without registering OR they just don't want to log in/ register

5. Hayai_JiJi

That is a good thought. Plus they get to brush up on English and laugh at silly NA Vf'ers:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been coming to this site for sometime for info, cheers i can have a say now & again without registering.
    This is my first post here, err so what do you think about tekken 4's loss of back dashing. I think its a kick in the face. I am woried about the movement in vf4, can you evade easily like vf3... or have we got to wait intill someone finds out a way to move about more easily.
    I used to be a capcom fan but turned to snk quite a while ago "kof 95 era" & i used to be a tekken fan (still am) but discoved vf3 has quite the upper hand if you take notes to why they create the game like this. I live in the uk wolverhampton/birmingham area & i shall register soon. see ya

7. Hayai_JiJi

Cool, I think the movement is goin to resemble VF2's movement alot with lots of forward and backward dashing. I believe you can cd backward now can anyone verify that? So I think with time the movement is going to be a site to see. Cheers on registering.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

You can crouch dash backwards, but not twice in a row (there is some lag time involved). We still need to use u,n and d,n dodges more effectively, though...

9. Hayai_JiJi

Ok thanks alot. So you could do E, cdb, E, cdb, etc.

P.S. what the hell is notation for a backwards crouch dash. Is it going to continue to be E? How do you say if it is in to the screen or out?

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

You can't do an "E" on demand (except for Shun/Lion)... you only move into/out of the screen very slightly when you press down or up; only when you press d,n or u,n *just* when the opponent executes an attack will you get a big dodge similar to VF3's "E". Hence you can't E, backCD, E, backCD...

Into screen is just u,n. Out of screen is d,n.

11. Hayai_JiJi

Thanks again! I was just using E because I did not no what else to call u,n or d,n

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Lonelyfighter on 08/23/01 02:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>