1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Update on the VFDC server situation

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Dec 4, 2000.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just spoke to the server admin--basically quota is not a good indicator of space used/allocated at all. VFDC is apparently over it's limit. In any case, VFDC will be moved to a new and better server this weekend with a ton more space...Mike I will keep you informed with what's going on. Is wwwthread wired to IP/DNS? I know UBB only depends on folder hierarchy.

ice-9

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Mike I will keep you informed with what's going on. Is wwwthread wired to IP/DNS?

Yeah, the script does rely on the DNS somewhat, so I imagine there'll be a few problems until the dns has fully switched over.

The other, more bigger concern, is that when you move everything to the new server, we have to take the versus city database with us. We'll probably have to set a date on which we'll stop all access to versus city, effectively freezing the database so that I may back it up, and then we restore it on the new server.

Which brings me to the next point - the new server admins need to create a database for us that we can use for versus city. Put me in touch with them if you'd like me to handle the details.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I pray we won't lose all the good and bad times we've had in the last year when the move happens. Wish there was an easy way to archive the whole thing.

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well... since the weekend is afoot... How's the server move status looking?