1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Uploading casual online matches: Like or Dislike?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Kruza, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I think I'm one of the very few people who has yet to upload any casual online matches in VF5FS even though I really want to do so. The only reason why I haven't bothered up to this point is because I'm simply too eager to start up the next match whether I'm in ranked, players, or a room. Plus I don't want to keep my opponent waiting around while navigating the replay menus in Terminal mode which may prompt him/her to leave. However, I believe I've had far too many entertaining matches to not have it shown to more folks to see what happened in them. So I may change my line of thinking on this topic and start uploading more online matches that I'm involved in.

Now with that said, I understand there are people who may react sensitively toward seeing online matches of themselves losing a match or several matches in convincing fashion. Some people may want an approval before giving the "go-ahead" to upload any matches involving him/her, which is also fine. Me? I personally don't mind at all if someone were to upload online matches of myself getting blown up, but again that's me. Heh, it happens. I bite the bullet and move on. No hard feelings.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what's the general consensus around all the players here in VFDC regarding uploading online matches in any mode that you fought in and unfortunately not have a good showing. If an opponent wants to take some time to save an online match that he/she thinks is good enough to upload, would you allow them do so and then play another online match with that same opponent? Or would you just lose patience and leave without accepting a rematch?

Kruza

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I personally like to know when I'm being recorded so that I'm fighting "for real" for lack of a better word. Outside of that I really love watching matches that go the distance, but I find 3 and 0 matches boring and question why even show a fight like that. So yeah it's fine by me anyway.

3. G1 TinTin

G1 TinTin Well-Known Member

XBL:
    G1 T i n T i n
    Yeah, i was randomly browsing SFIII Third Strike on youtube, and people that i used to destroy on a regular only had videos of me fucking around. Mind you my Oro is ranked like, number 11 online, so i'm not really that easy to beat.

4. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Yes! this really needs to be done cause I've had a few good matches that I would like to show to some of my friends on youtube, but I don't have a capture card to upload such things to the site.

5. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    I use to not like people recording my matches in fighting games when I'm doing bad,but now I'm cool with it now. My mentality now is that its a free country and people can upload matches of you if they want.