1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

(US) region is awful

Discussion in 'General' started by unknownproo, Dec 29, 2021.

1. unknownproo

unknownproo Member

i wait a whole day literally in the ranked room to play like 5 matches at the end of the day , it took exactlly 1 hour to find an opponent ,
    in my opinion they should make all regions play each other regardless the lag , because the game is unplayable right now! totally empty

2. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    From what I understand, the ranked queue is not region locked. I could be wrong about that though. If you have your search settings wide enough you can play people in other regions. However, the lag can be completely unplayable.

To each his own, but if my only options are laggy opponents or no opponents, I'll take no opponents and go play something else. Laggy VF is frustrating and pointless.

Try to setup room matches with people using this site or discord. That's so far the best way to get consistent matches in my experience.

3. Adam Gibson

Adam Gibson Active Member

I had this same problem a while back, just widen your connection restrictions in the options screen and you'll get way more hits of all colors, then simply reject the ones that aren't at least yellow.

4. unknownproo

unknownproo Member

you mean set connection quality to any & disconnect rate to any? i always do that and there is no opponent yet

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I do 'any' on disconnect (I don't care about this at all, anyways) and connection and almost always get matches. There will be waiting and playing the same person multiple times. This is on Ranked. Room is a lot slower if I don't come here or discord.

I just got done losing two matches and being demoted.

VanguardBronze likes this.
  6. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

Sadly, nowodays unless it's an ultra popular overcrowded fighting game, the best way to find matches is to ask people to play with you directly. Be that via means of forums, discord chats or psn/xbla/steam friend lists.

7. This game would have been unplayable had it not been for room matches.

8. I'm on Playstation Network several days a week. PSN name same as this forum.

I'm playing Room Matches more know-- better connections, faster matches.
    I've been playing since the original VF in arcades. No Discord, no social media, just PSN.
    So, you can add me and state something like VF5US matches, etc.

I've been participating in the Beta Tournament thing on VF5US. Did pretty bad this past weekend, 2/19/22.

9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

To be honest. I'd say the same thing with other fighting games too.