1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

US VF3tb

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Shadowdean, Oct 19, 1999.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I was wondering..does anybody know {like factually} if the us VF3 tb for d.c will more closely resemble the arcade version in terms of combo difficulty. Was talking with Llion fair and he said that the d.c was much more forgiving with combos..I am hoping that maybe the us vf3tb will be tighted up closely resemble the arcade unit. I know some people make games harder for americans cause americans like their games harder {which also must explain why we always those cheating machines}...any info?
    -Josh

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Actually, not all combos are easier to do on the Dreamcast. There are a lot of bounce combos that are much less reliable. A lot of the Aoi-only Kage combos spring to mind.

ice-9 | Sennin

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Wow, Ice, I have yet to come across a combo that was easier to do in the arcade. Which ones do you mean?

Actually, one combo does come to mind - the Lion vs. Taka combo on the competitive edge tape seems to be arcade only (df+P+G, u+P+K, E, d+K, FC f+P, FC f+P, f+PP. I recall Jason, and Kbcat, attempting this one endlessly and no one could ever get the last poke to connect.

As a general rule of thumb, however, it's safe to say that combos on the DC (especially TFT combos) are easier to do. Yesterday, I managed TFT, Knee, PG,PG,PG, Kickflip against Jeff on the cave stage - this is just not possible in the arcade! Also, another cool one, IMO, was (Akira vs. Light characters) Knee (MC), SJK, PKG, m-DbPm on a slight downslope. The DC just has some wicked combos waiting to be discovered that the arcade version just can't offer.

Cheers,

<font color=black> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=black>

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Just in our rambling and experiments, it also seems that wall combos are much more forgiving on the DC than the arcade as well, but dealing with that nasty "6 hits and they're down" with the floats kinda changes it a little. I tried modding the ST>SJK, P(G), P(G), Yoho (wall bounce), Yoho, Bodycheck(OTB) with the shoulder ram before the SJK, and the oppoenent doesn't stay airborne long enough for the 2nd Yoho to connect, even with the massive float at the beginning. Thought about trying ST>mShoulderRam>SJK, Yoho, P(G), Yoho, Bodycheck but I haven't gotten the bodycheck to connect yet.

Nutlog

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Llanfair, I'm thinking more of the bounce combos. Pretty much any combo where Kage has to d+K -> kageyaiba Aoi is harder to connect. His infamous wall combo (TFT -> u/f+K+G -> kageyaiba -> kickflip) is harder to do.

In the arcades, f+P+G -> u+K -> QD -> kageyaiba is a snap to do. On the Dreamcast, it seems so much harder to connect. Same thing with f+P+G -> kageyaiba -> d+K.

My combo expertise is only with Kage, so I can't really comment on any of the other characters.

However, a lot of the Taka-only combos also seem more difficult to pull off.

ice-9 | Sennin

6. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: Kage Combo

>f+P+G -> u+K -> QD -> kageyaiba
    >f+P+G -> kageyaiba -> d+K

These, I find more difficult in the DC version.

>Kageyaiba -> d+K -> kageyaiba

But I don't know about this one. To me, I have no problem doing this in the DC version. Ice-Q, you know that the first Kageyaiba has to hit the crouching Aoi, right?

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Kage Combo

Yeah, I know, I'm also thinking about other combos with d+K -> kageyaiba.

u/f+P -> d+K -> kageyaiba
    f+P+G -> u+K -> d+K -> kageyaiba
    u/f+K+G -> d+K -> kagayaiba

Etc. It seems that I actually need a bit of upslope to be able to pull these combos off with any consistency (assuming right conditions, i.e. MC, crouch, etc.)

ice-9 | Sennin