1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

USA VF3 shun was censored...again.

Discussion in 'Console' started by Sudden_Death, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

USA VF3 shun was censored...again.

ok, the topic came up on irc and someone tested it, and indeed shun does NOT get red when he drinks on the usa home version. but it does on the japanese version. All this time and nobody mentioned about this.
    first vf2 usa, then vf3 usa version, what next vf4 usa? most likely.

aint that fucked up?

2. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

ohhhh yea... i never noticed... well i don't think they censored it from the usa version cuz in the beta shun did get hella red.... but i dunno yet about the final. <---original post before piccolo's reply to this post

ok sorry for not making it clear i really meant this--->

i never noticed the home version of vf3 was edited. now in vf4 i don't think they would edit shun getting red after drinking in the final because it wasn't edited for the test version.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

3. Sudden_Death

Im talking about VF3 home version not VF4

4. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Shun does go red in the US version of VF4

5. Sudden_Death

damm it! must i use caps?

IM TALKING ABOUT VIRTUA FIGHTER 3 FOR THE -----HOME---------USA----VERSION .....DREAMCAST VERSION

NOT VF4.

READ THE TOPIC

/versus/images/icons/smile.gifx50

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think they are just referring to your statement "what next vf4 usa? Most likely" (or something like that, rather).

In any case, you didn't make it all that clear (until later) how serious you were in that comment.

But in any case, they were just "confirming" that VF4 Shun is not censored in the USA (however, he goes so red, he may as well be covered in blood).

Thanks for the post though, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing Shun getting red in my copy of VF3tb/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

7. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Shun goes red in the arcade version of VF3TB as well.

piccolo - try reading the thread, bud :)

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

The option to turn on or off his redness is on all the VF arcade boards.

9. Sudden_Death

I really dont know how can you guys be confused about the game that I'm talking about, its VF3 for the USA home version, I didn't mentioned the arcade at all. the first post clearly states this. and when I said "first usa vf2, then usa vf3, what next vf4?" I was still talking about the usa home versions. you guys should know that the arcade version was never censored (unless you turn that option off/on like rich said). so why would anyone be confused.

so, geesse - YOU try reading the thread, bud /versus/images/icons/smile.gifx7