1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Use Dural in PS2 VF4

Discussion in 'Console' started by segaduck, Feb 3, 2002.

1. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

I just got 108 wins in Kumite mode, and Dural came out and challenged me. After I beat her, I went to versus mode and found that I can select Dural.

I am not sure if Dural will only show up when you have more than 100 wins in Kumite mode. Anyone interested can try it. But you have to have to be patient because it takes long time to get 100 wins.

2. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Were these 108 wins done consecutively without a loss stuffed somewhere in there? Cuz I have 160+ wins (with losses) with Pai in Kumite, but I have not seen Dural once.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

WTF? I got 114 wins, but no Dural. Hmm.

soulmachine -- no losses in the win streak.

4. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

What are your guys' titles? My title is "«Ò¤ý" (Daioh?) when I meant Dural.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Okay, I think I figured out how to get Dural. It's not about getting 100+ win streaks. I think as long as you are "Di Wang" or higher (i.e. Monarch or higher), you will get a chance to face Dural, who is a "Da Huang" (Grand Emperor). I faced Dural twice as a Devil rank; first time I lost, second time I won. (It may also have something to do with win percentage; I had around 90% both times I faced Dural, but this may or may not matter.)

Result: Dural is unlocked in VS mode, but not in Arcade mode or Kumite mode. You cannot create a VF.net character using Dural.

Dural's ring name, incidentally, is YS, has a 0/0 Win/Loss record, and she has all 7 Vision Spheres as well. Which was just as well, because I had 6 Spheres before the match, so I got my second set of 7 spheres after beating her. (The first set of spheres gives 2P Lei Fei a Manchu ponytail; the second set gives 1P Lei Fei a new cap.)

P.S. Howard and I discussed this -- for some reason, I don't think Lei gets anything for a 100win streak; but Akira or Vanessa or Kage may get letters or an M16 or a sword respectively. Unsure...

6. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out how you level up specifically. Do you get to ranking matches based on # of wins, or percentage? Or does the computer judge the skill you use in matches as its criteria?

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

10th Kyu - 1st Kyu... depends on win %
    1st Dan - 10th Dan... beat 5 players of your rank in a row (other ranks don't matter)
    King/Emperor/God class... generally beat x players of your own rank, there may be other requirements, but unsure