1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Use of 2/3 AS3 as a float ender for Akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, May 25, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone's tried using this instead of the full AS3 as a combo ender for Akira; without the ending overhead
    smash, the opponent can TR, which allows Akira to set up his awesome TR punishing games(SPoD). supposedly they could counter by just lying down right? but then in that case you could supposedly combo a DBC OTB, since the 1st kick pops the opponent slightly up and the knee keeps them slightly airborne.

only possible weakness of this strat is the possibility of when the opponent TRs after the DBC, that they recover before Akira does.

well, lemme know what you think.

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

only possible weakness of this strat is the possibility of when the opponent TRs after the DBC, that they recover before Akira does.

I think that's a good reason not to use 2/3 AS3 as a float ender. The knee has a -17 frame recovery. I don't think Akira would have enough initiative to punish tech rollers. And at a seventeen frame disadvantage, Akira probably won't be able to guard against an attack following the tech roll (I'm guessing).

I'd rather go for the guaranteed damage that Akira inflicts from the completing the AS3 and the ground punch afterwards.

3. imf

imf Well-Known Member

When are you juggling with the AS3 anyway? I also don't think that would work at all. Nice idea though =)

While we're on the subject of AS3 I have a question. I think at least once I've seen a Daioh clip where an Akira player will do shrm, lp, AS3...does anybody know why? Variety is my guess :p

4. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    This may seem like a somewhat foolish question; but why is this Akira's Thrid Special? Were there two more? How come I never hear of usch combos? Just wondering whether or not there were in fact predecessors to this third special of Akira... lol... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

AS3 refers to his third 3 hit combo. The other to have names instead of referring them to AS1 and 2. The SPoD and DLC. No one has a name for the third one yet cuz it's brand new and no wants to start a a new name as a trend =P

6. ReCharredSigh

technically we could call it the ABC(axe blade combo), since the 3-hit string starts off with the axe blade(much in similarity to the DLC), but then, who really cares?

ahh, yes, the recovery on the shot knee; never thought about it; creed once posted a combo of akira doing a 2/3 AS3 as a float ender and then tagging on a DBC(or maybe it was the full AS3 afterward?) OTB, so this got me thinking about the feasability of this tactic. in any case, thanks for the thoughts.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The other nickname for this is Fujin, the japanese name start with Fujin. But as3 is only 3 letters and easily understood by both usa and japanese, so it sticks.

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Fujin is an useless move. There isn't one instance where this combo is unique. The DLC also ranks high on the useless move list, but at least there's one situation it's useful.

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

not surprisingly..I agree with u..
    why bother doing fujin n dlc?
    pounce is better than fujin
    modified moves are better than DLC

I'll stick with SPOD

10. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

I cant agree more about DLC and Fujin. Short of messing up or getting a normal float with a crouched opp. or a heavy. Modified moves should be the main arsenal in an accomplished Akira's float repertoire. Then again the knee should be your main float starter VS. "non-reversable" characters, but thats a whole other issue.

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

SDE (MC) > D,f+P+K > Fujin

12. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Shouldn't people TR that?

Umm...I think MC shldrm, LP, Fujin, pounce does 94 in closed stance, which is easier than some other juggles.

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

If he will not recover after crumble, ff+kk,dashfoward pounce will do more than fujin and it's very safe. In this case you can also try try SDE > knee > BC (~100) to force TR where d/f+k after the knee will backstagger.

imf: 94? This combo does ~80, less than shrm, p,shrm,d+k.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Not against LWs, I think. (Not sure about stance requirement, but probably eight).

Also, try QCB+P > D,f+P+K > Fujin, but only for Aoi, Pai, and Sarah in eight.

Finally, Fujin is quite useful against HWs.

15. ReCharredSigh

to reply to the fact that DLC and AS3 are very unuseful for Akira(or at least that you could use different float enders for every situation that you can do DLC or AS3), uk-guy pointed out to me that RBC,SDE,AS3,ground punch and RBC,SDE,DLC are both guarenteed in version C and do 80 pts of damage(the AS3 version of the combo does 1 pt less, but still). so it isn't that bad.

16. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Why Fujin vs heavies when you can DJK?

17. imf

imf Well-Known Member

MC shldrm, LP<Single Palm, Fujin, pounce does 94 in closed stance

sorry guys this is what I meant =)

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

DJK is reliable mainly in eight stance...

19. ReCharredSigh

wow, any other restrictions to that combo(ie weight class)?

20. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Vs Heavies.
    D,f+pk, p , f,f+kk will connect on ALL situations but:

1, An open stance non-counter D,f+pk. In this case skip the p go for right for the DJK will give you a 70 point damage combo.

2, Non-counter D,f+pk crouching. In this case if he recovers there are no follow-ups possible for Akira. If he chooses not to TR/QR, Fujin will OTG but so will D,f+pk x4, d+k, d/f+p which does more damage and is a total trip.

Damage (Non-TR/QRable)
    D,f+pk,p,f,f+kk close stance = 74.
    D,f+pk,p,f,f+kk close stance MC = 93.
    D,f+pk,p,f,f+kk open stance MC = 87.
    D,f+pk,f,f+kk open stance = 70.

Fujin with a full 12 point delayed d/f+p (6 without delay) still does less than DJK, and the chances of messing up a DJK is a lot less. Compare reward/risk/difficult: Fujin = useless.