1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Use of 2/3 AS3 as a float ender for Akira

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, May 25, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

*Shrug* Use it for the LWs then...the Fujin combo I posted should take the most for those situations..

2. Zato

Zato Member

RBC ~ SDE ~ AS3 is not guaranteed. If the opponent uses the directional pad to turn around instead of guard (taking the SDE hit anyway), they float face forward instead of backward. This really hinders the AS3's ability to juggle MWs (it is already QR/TR-able by HWs; even during back turned floats). The second and third hits will just miss most of the time, allowing them to QR/TR. Don't know about the DLC though. I have mainly considered AS3 and DLC to be useless. Even many modified combos can be replaced with simple stuff that does close to the same damage. But overall, modified moves are WAY better than AS3 or DLC. Besides, DLC takes too much time to master. SPoD is the way though...
    I'll try that RBC ~ SDE ~ DLC. If it works, then DLC could have found its way into my heart. I love RBC (even though I love df+P+G ~ df+P FLUP even more)!

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

b,f+p -> p -> dbl palm EXTREMELY hard to do against jeffrey in close stance or i sux(MC might be easier to do not sure didn't try it). It doesn't matter in open stance becos u can do a DJK instead... So in close stance it's still best to do AS3 instead. That's why b,f+p -> AS3 -> d/f+p is alot better. So conclusion is AS3 is still useful for some situation...

And the combo ice9 listed works against lightweight and is the best SDE(MC) combo non TRable combo.

f,b+p+k -> SDE -> AS3 IS GUARANTEED even against heavies in verC(don't think it is for VerB cos usually my opponent can turn around in time). U need to buffer in SDE correctly.

4. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

anyone have a good use for his overhead smash or crumbling hand?? out of all the high level movies ive watched, i dont think ive seen anyone use them.....