1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+K

Discussion in 'Pai' started by ultrasinc, Dec 20, 2007.

1. ultrasinc

ultrasinc New Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif Has anyone found a use for this move? somehow i recall accidentally inputing this move and actually hitting an opponent with it... no idea how...

and while we're at it, howabout /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif strings

2. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    Re: Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif indeed is trashy i wouldnt recommend using it due to its extensive execution time as well as its even longer recovery time...
    but if you are like me, you would use it on pompus pricks that just wont respect your personal space (those assbags that like to crouch dash into you n wait for you to get up so they can grab)... i wish i had a capture card n vids, id show you...

as far as the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif goes...
    its actually good if you know how to use it... I have my own methods of how to use it, but if you experiment with it you can get some nice results...
    i love to Back-turn crouch dash toward my enemy n follow up from there

3. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is intended for tripping techrollers - guess which side they'll roll.

4. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2

Yep, it's hard to guess which side opponent techrolls. In Vf4 i used to do MC /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and if opponent didn't get up i did /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, and when my oppo rolled, i did /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (he always tech rolled away- screen). Now I have lot of new actions with my Pai, and really - i do not need Trip Up to win with good style.

5. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

I have done this move accidentally, and had it work often against characters. Aside from techrolling, what does a character have to be doing to be "hit" by this? I notice particularly grabby Wolf players are susceptible to it.

6. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak

It's half-circular, so if they were evading (or OM, I suppose), it could hit them as well.

Its possible that the wolf players you noticed were spamming his evade P+K throw, and that's why they got hit by it.

7. CapnKill

CapnKill Active Member

I really like the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ... I use it often, I feel that when she turns her back she gets out of range of some stuff and then if you hit punch instantly she starts doing some crazy hand stuff, its pretty confusing to look at, I can imagine an opponent that hasn't seen it before might be a bit confused as well. There are a couple of strings out of it and I usually get very good results with them.

8. RagelessCajun

RagelessCajun Active Member

I actually managed to knockdown with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in Dojo mode on a stationary CPU. I can't remember what the foot stance was but I think the character was Akira. So I guess if you are close enough, you might be able to knock some people down who aren't tech rolling. Haven't tried it in game though.

Since moves from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, go into Bokutai, I am trying to use it to extend my mixups. I am new to VF by the way. This is just what I have observed from playing myself so far.

9. Cruz

Cruz Well-Known Member

I tried implementing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to one of my matches. I lost.
    But /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif I sometimes do. Your opponents get distracted with the hand windmills, then they plop on the low sweep.

10. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

you use 2 P+K or 8 P+K to trip techrolling opponents. you can also use this move to trip advancing moves. the opponent must block low to block this move, which will give them enough advantage to punish you.

11. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Just read your opponent If you notice he like to tech roll to a certain side then do the move to that side

Its very annoying and will stop people from tech rolling and then you can ground punch

12. Atlantis11

Atlantis11 Member

up or down and P+K is used to taunt at the end of a match /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

2 P+K can hit (or rather, trip) your opponent if they are doing a normal mid kick 3K...

14. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

The Up or Down + P+K move is very hard to land and even I that love using Pai never bothered using this move. I am terrible at guessing in a way that would allow this move to work properly so I don't try to do it for fear of immediate counter attacks afterwards.

15. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

A more simpler application of the move and requires less guessing:

1. successful evade /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or successful evade /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

- works relatively well against someone continuing their attack series, and lunging moves with long total frame.

2. OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

- more risky application, but this put you somewhat "off-axis" so that your leg would actually make contact with opponent when they attempt to attack (not entirely sure what type of attacks it work well against, though).

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    To help with the guessing, if you've knocked down your opponent near a wall or ring edge, then chances are they will tech roll away from the wall/edge. Enter the trip command accordingly.

17. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Also I would think most beginner/intermediate players find it easier to input the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif direction for their ETEG's. The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif variant is more useful imo.

18. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

No move in VF is useless. Just when you start to doubt a move you realise how great it can be. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif not only stops tech rolling, but high strings get tripped up and people who are too offensive and use the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif dash too much get it.

19. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif?

20. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

lol he got you there lemmy.

but i have seen it used twivce, once by myke actually.