1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+K

Discussion in 'Pai' started by ultrasinc, Dec 20, 2007.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Re: Useless moves: e.g. What is Down (or up)and P+

Certain offensive moves make a character move forward and the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif trips the enemy up as they move forward doing their move without sidestepping. When you set your enemy to counter hit in dojo they may get tripped up with the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif move doing their basic move because it makes them move forward slightly right into the tripping move.

If you blast the enemy into a wall using the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and follow it up with the tripping move they walk right into the tripping move and they bounce off of the wall as long as they are on their feet when they do it.

2. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

Hey, d/u P+K trips Lion's low ice-skate punch. If you can bust that out on reaction it's demeaning enough to get him to stop, hurting some of his high-low mix-up/range-game against you.

3. smb

smb Well-Known Member

46 p+k, how do you guys use this, i find it has super long wind up and super short range, its hard to land naturally in a fight.

4p, it seems like this is a great move, in theory, but i find i never use it. how do guys like to apply it, just throw it out and it works? or is there a good flow to mix it into?

The games guide suggests pai is well disposed to om punch, true or untrue? Should i be using this when at a slight advantage?

4. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

46P + K is great move to land guaranteed crumples and the long wind up can be good make people mistime it. it crumples on a counter hit and crumples on normal hit if it is fully charged and if it is fully charged it stuns those that block it. I use it from time to time to get an easy crumple on people if I guess that the enemy might get in the range of the move, giving me a free combo on them. It isn't an easy thing to land all the time but if the enemy starts outside of its range and moves within its range because of the move they are doing it gives me a free combo afterwards. If the enemy hasn't seen it much sneaking it in makes becomes very easy, specially if they do things like a jab etc thinking it can beat the move in every situation.

5. KillaKen

KillaKen Well-Known Member

PSN:
    KillaKen
    XBL:
    KillaKen7

I use 2 P+K or 8 P+K depending on my opponent. While fighing you have to pay attention to which way they prefer to tech roll. Most of the time people get hit and tech roll using 2 P+K+G. So I'll knock my opponent down dash right along with them and 2 P+K. It works very well and can really change the flow of a match.

6. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979

A safer and smarter option I found as of late is to just do a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif as they get up or sidestep that way it doesn't matter which way they sidestep or tech roll. they have to think twice about how I am going to attack them.

How about this funny tricky and I landed it on a decent person as well. say for example you do the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and trip them up and then you expect them to go the other way so you go /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and get them again 2 times in a row overall. I was laughing my ass off when i did it and the pai player I landed it on was somewhat embarrassed by it as well. It may seem stupid that a decent person falls for it 2 or more times in a row but thinking logically it might actually work more often then not on a good player with their defensive tendencies.

7. hitmandu91

hitmandu91 New Member

i like to use 4p against people who like to crouch a lot,i also use it for ring out when they techroll,but it's pretty slow so i don't spam it(i sometimes use it too for range situations)

one of my favorite it's her OM+p,i can fuzzy or use p to interupt elbow pressure,i can also use her 64p,p to beat punches or throws(no stupid clash throw)and i can do 66 p+k to beat 2p.

8. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

You can also use DMP+K to tech trap people and if they're close enough when you do it you can loop it into another DMP+K if they attempt to tech again.

Useless moves are often concidered "useless" for a reason and that's because there are moves that fill the same functions except they do it better or they fill several functions. It's most likely better to try and work on implementing the better moves, like in this case DMP+K or 2K+G to tech catch both ways + safer on block than 2/8P+K which only traps one direction and is -40 on block.

Trying to use moves which are very specific on their use when you can use moves that are more versatile leads to greater inconsistency than what is necessary.

9. 124

124 Well-Known Member

It's kinda reversal right?
    I use it more to Eileen because Eileen has many jumping hits. When she jumps like a monkey, I use this for countering.

10. yuki414

yuki414 Member

The first one I know is made for tripping your opponent and the going for a down attack. Although I've seen a lot of pai videos and not that many players have used it.