1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

USELESS post: how many things you know taste like chicken?

Discussion in 'General' started by ReCharredSigh, May 24, 2002.

1. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

just curious, cause the thought's been on my mind for quite a while(and since there's that comment about how everything
    tastes like chicken)...

here's my short list

frog legs
    turkey(sort of)
    chicken...duh
    human flesh(and no, i'm not a cannibal; i just heard this somewhere)

2. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Chicken Soup
    Chicken in a bisquit
    Chicken flavored chicken
    Chicken flavored milk
    Chicken flavored dumb ass post!

How the hell did you come up with this post?

3. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

Babies

4. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

OK stupid.

5. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

like i said, it's one of those random thoughts that just float into your mind outta nowhere...i did tell you that this was a useless post at the beginning, didn't i?

6. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Non useless post: ReCharredSinh your Akira guide (off gamefaqs.com) is great. I'm never going to use the bastard(akira) myself but it was a really interesting read. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    And I hate 95% of FAQs (for VF4 help, I only touched gamefaqs with a stick because I knew it'd have something by one of you here)

7. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Rattlesnake

8. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I thought frog legs tasted more like fish myself. There are a number of places here in NYC where you can get them. And I haven't had rattlesnake proper, but I did have a boa (in Viet Nam), and it tasted nothing like chicken (more stringy).

9. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: taste

It was nice to see you say you thought human flesh tasted like chicken! way off here brother. In many canibal cultures human flesh is called "long pork". In many cultures pork is not allowed. Moslem and Jewish laws forbid pork consumption. www.paranioa.com used to have several recipes for human flesh including recipes and instructions for making crispy snacks from human flesh. Human buns with plum sauce were common a few hundred years ago ( they would typically serve up the recently executed). In Europe during the middle ages young woman were BBQ'd more than we would care to discuss. Only chicken tastes like chicken unless you over cook the meat then they begin to taste alike. Human organs are still eaten by warriors of different cultures as a strengthening of war brotherhood. Recent article in Saudi Arabian newspaper written by college professor describes the ritual freeze drying of human blood for inclusion in Holy Day<font color=red>*</font color=red> pastries by a rival culture. Nazi propaganda exploited the "blood" of children being used in ritual sacrifice, this contributed to the gathering of Jews throughout western Europe for slaughter.
    <font color=red>*</font color=red> "articles published March 10 and 12 in the Saudi government daily Al-Riyadh under the title "Jews Use Teenagers' Blood for 'Purim' Pastries."
    The author of this blood libel is an academic: Umayma Ahmad Al-Jalahma of King Faisal University in Al-Dammam. Saudi Arabia's, Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz-al-Saud, has tried to stop these reports but the respected professor is authoring articles with headlines like: "Special Ingredient For Jewish Holidays is Human Blood From Non-Jewish Youth." [shakes head and cries] Now we have sum of all fears showing the graqfic cooking of millions of humans in a Baltimore stadium. Shame on Paramount.

10. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Korea is co-host for World Soccer Contest and guess what? The have a sponsor that is selling Hot Dogs! Go Figure... made with real dogs! I've enjoyed dog burgers and cat is cool, cubed and curried as well as with snow peas over rice (imho). uh, hope I did'nt kill this useless thread with the human beings as food thing...

11. agios_katastrof

I've had dog stew, but not an actual hot dog. It's actually pretty good, but the meat is very tough. Beef, chicken, pork is a LOT better than canine meat, imho. Cats I've never had, they have a nasty fishy smell. Are you sure about that dog hot dog sponsor? Most Koreans are as against eating dogs/cats as Americans.

12. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Hot Dog><><>BOK!

tough, hmm, try marinating it in pickle juice. Don't get me wrong...I'm against eating humans too! Although, I would make an exception for the children of CUS bin ladin. Dogs are good eating and cats are also good when properly prepared. That stupid twit, French actress-turned-animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot plans to distribute pictures of dogs being treated badly before butchery to teams at World Cup finals in a bid to stop dog-eating in co-hosts South Korea. "I don't mean to make the football teams boycott the international event. I just hope the Korean government introduces the law prohibiting Koreans from eating dogmeat," she is reported as saying by cow and pig slaughter house owners association. Pass the mustard! In Florida they eat gators. In New Jersey they don't eat animals as often as they seek sex with barnyard animals. If it breathes and is not human I've eaten it. In Chicago I've enjoyed , Buffalo, Lion, Tiger and several varieties of snake.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.animals-hope.org/KoreanMurder.html>http://www.animals-hope.org/</a>

13. agios_katastrof

Re: Hot Dog><><>BOK!

Man, that's lame. I mean how different is eating a dog from eating a cow?

I love gator meat. I just love that chewy texture. I think reptiles in general are chewy. Buffalo is good, tastes pretty much like beef, somewhat leaner, but again, they have this funny smell. Not as bad as the cat odor, though. Never had lions, tigers and bears oh my. Where specifically the heck did you have the lion/tiger/bear meat? In Chicago of all places? I mean buffalos and gators are commercially raised in some parts nowadays, but lions/tigers/bears? Egads.

I'm a Korean in NY/NJ, btw.

14. PBijl

PBijl Member

he probably got it from the matrix, the scene with Mouse..
    how many things tast like tasty weat and chicken etc bla

15. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Eating bear in Windy City

The restuarant was very close to The Presidential Towers. Many of the most expensive items are now on the endagered speicies list [shrug], who would have guessed?[double shrug]. Heck, I still can't get over the fact that bottled water cost more than gasoline.Anyway, they had a beer called Pilsner-Urquelle from the town that invented <font color=yellow>Pilsner Beer</font color=yellow>. After a few, my friends and I would order exotic entrees. They have stuffed animals all over the restuarant. It has the feel of a gentleman's club from the era of Teddy Roosevelt. In fact, after three Pilsner-Urquells I would order anything, anythingincluding the really weird daily specials. PU really brings out the Atilla the Hun<font color=red>*</font color=red> in my primitive brain. Most all cultures and countries have exotic meats and fishes that they enjoy eating on special occasions. After a few shots of mak sil ju (frog on label) I'd bite the head off a live rat. I think the weirest food I've ever eaten were gefilte fish/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif and some sort of monkey brains delicacy dish [projectile vomit]at client's party on roof top garden at famous hotel overlooking Central Park here in NYC. <font color=red>caution</font color=red>: no matter how hungry you may get after a few hours of intense VF4 battle do not, ever, stick a live house pet in a microwave. It is not a humane way to prepare any animal for the stove. Trust me here. <font color=red>*</font color=red> no offense intended to Atilla The Hun or his family.

16. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Re:

Snake.
    Rabbit.

VF4 joystick (after being played by someone who just had Kentucky Fried Chicken /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

17. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re:*cough* VF4 joystick!!!

OMFG!/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif Nan, when are you taking us to school again at arcade? Maybe instead of beating the crap out of me until I weep or pee my pants you can show me what I'm doing wrong? Oh, I forgot that you play Kage whose very theme music is titled,:<font color=white>"No Mercy"</font color=white>.<font color=red>*</font color=red> I kicked your Kage arse three rounds in a row with two EXCELLENTs and a RO!, ...
    then I woke up./versus/images/icons/smile.gif shakes head and falls to knees...
    <font color=red>*</font color=red> Also the name of a VF Club in Seoul.

18. agios_katastrof

yum

'mak sil ju'? 'mak ju' is just beer in Korean. i dunno, i'm not so crazy about weirdo drinks. the amphibian drink doesn't sound so appetizing to me. a friend of mine's father had a snake in a soju bottle that he used to take sips from. yecch. actually, i'm not fond of asian drinks in general. i think the west definitely has an edge, when it comes to drinks.

the weirdest thing that i've ever eaten, and heck used to eat all the time when i was a kid, is 'bun deh gi', which would be cocoons of some insect (cicada?). they used to be a popular street snack food item in Korea (you will not find them anymore). they use to sell them wrapped up in newspaper and whatnot (yumm... newspaper ink). they were GOOOD.

19. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: POST vf4 yumMIES

<font color=white> 'Bun deh gi'</font color=white>, which would be cocoons of some insect (cicada?). they used to be a popular street snack food item in Korea (you will not find them anymore). they use to sell them wrapped up in newspaper and whatnot (yumm... newspaper ink). they were GOOOD. [Shrug] clean sterile wrappers. Today, here in NYC, one of the most sought after delicacies is found only in a few bat caves and is the true key to real <font color=blue>birds nest soup</font color=blue>, here in NYC's most exclusive Chinese restaurants. When I first ventured to explore street vended food I found the exotic sea creatures cooked in wok irresistible. Today weird cults scrape the sweat from backs of frogs for experiences that are truly dangerous. Reminds me of blowfish, dangerous if not handled properly, but utterly irresistible to the aficionado. Blowfish do not taste like chicken. Conch, as prepared by the chef at Kong Suh, here in New York is the irresistible exotic food worth travelling for friend. The KS chef marinates the conch meat in lemon and lime mixture. After VF4 battle at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chinatownfair.com>www.chinatownfair.com</a> KS BBQ is our retreat of choice for refreshments. One of NYC's best VF4 players enjoys ground Filet Mignon with a raw egg for topper. Cool w/ me but some would blanch at raw beef. This is also quite popular at <font color=red>21 Club</font color=red> here too mixed with raw and it tastes nothing like chicken which I do'nt think many will eat raw. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. agios_katastrof

Re: POST vf4 yumMIES

Ah, Kang Suh Hwe Kwan on 32nd. Yeah, that place is good. And that conch dish is good. A lot better than the rubbery conch dishes that you find elsewhere. For Korean bbq though, I slightly prefer NY Komtang, which would be a half a block up east on the same block. But both establishments have charcoal bbq, which is a good thing. Avoid all the Korean bbqs without the charcoal, not that they are that bad, but just incomparable to the charcoal. Heck, this is probably true for bbqs of any ethnicity.

Ah, the yook hwe (the raw ground filet mignon). Can we say e.coli? My wife, a dietitian, has that dish off my list. No big deal for me, as it's not exactly my favorite dish. It's actually pretty good (think of it as a soft and very rare steak), but it cloys real fast.