1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Uses for 4 P+K+G Deflection

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chibiaya, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    This seems like a really unique move, I will use this post to update the uses of this move and where it can be used. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post something in regard to it here.

Deflection

Disclamer: This move is used for when you make the right reads in most cases. Very few cases can it consistently be done on reaction. This is PURELY to show what moves it is possible to deflect.

Originally posted by Manjimaru

On succesful parry SS P is guaranteed(apparently pretty much all of SS attacks), and on normal hit SS P, iaigeri is guaranteed and floats.

So in open stance Jacky can get about 100 points of damage off this parry, I havent yet tested the combo on all midweights but I did it on Kage..

For reference, heres the combo:
    SS parry -> SS -> iaigeri -> -> + (light bound) -> iaigeri ->
    the second iaigeri seems to hit only in open stance.

For other combos that can be done from Slide shuffle, Please refer to this thread

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/324629/Jacky%20Combos#Post324629

Lau

Akira

Vanessa

Aoi

Jacky

Brad

Wolf

Taka-Arashi

2. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Disclamer: This move is used for when you make the right reads in most cases. Very few cases can it consistently be done on reaction. This is PURELY to show what moves it is possible to deflect.

Lau:
    Akira:

Vanessa

3. JacobEvo

JacobEvo Active Member

XBL:
    Im Rock Lee
    Does it deflect all mids? Or only mid punch or what?

4. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    only mid punches but there alot of them lol

5. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    too bad I cannot edit previous posts....

Aoi

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    On succesful parry SS P is guaranteed(apparently pretty much all of SS attacks), and on normal hit SS P, iaigeri is guaranteed and floats.

So in open stance Jacky can get about 100 points of damage off this parry, I havent yet tested the combo on all midweights but I did it on Kage..

SS parry -> SS [P] -> iaigeri -> [P] -> [2][P]+[K] (light bound) -> iaigeri -> [7][K]

7. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Jacky

Brad

Wolf

Taka Arashi

8. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Jacky: Slide Shuffle Deflection

I am making another thread for this topic because I cannot edit the original thread. Therefore I intend to compile the current information within one post. When I finish the cast, I will make one final post with all of the current information.

Deflection

Originally posted by Manjimaru

SS parry -> SS -> iaigeri -> -> + (light bound) -> iaigeri ->

For other combos that can be done from Slide shuffle, Please refer to this thread

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/324629/Jacky%20Combos#Post324629

Lau

Akira

Vanessa

Aoi

Jacky

Brad

Wolf

Taka-Arashi

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Re: Jacky: Slide Shuffle Deflection

You might wanna edit the button icons in there, they dont seem to be included in the quote. [​IMG]

10. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

Lion:

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Chibiaya, correct me if I'm wrong, but it just appears that you're listing every character's mid punch?

12. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

that is correct because it only deflects midpunches. the point of this was for players to understand which MOVE was a midpunch.

Also, not every mid punch CAN be deflected. That also is important to know which ones can be deflected, Hence the ones I have listed. Or am I wrong...?

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

OK, that's what I thought.

But if I'm a Jacky player, and I don't know the moves of the other characters, then how does listing the commands in a post help me?

For example, I have no idea what Lau's [4][4][P][+][K][P] looks like, and this post tells me that's a mid punch. How do I bridge the gap from knowing some obscure command, and using the knowledge in game?

In my mind, I just think it's important to simply know that I can deflect mid punches. I can then use this knowledge while I'm actually playing, because mid punches are pretty easy to identify in game. Therefore, I can look for opportunities to deflect my opponent's mid punches with some good reading. For example, I might use it against a Jacky who likes to predictably [6][P] in certain situations, which you list above. But, I would never use it against Lau's [P][4][P], which you also listed, because of how completely impractical it is to do so.

Hate to use a cliché's but I'm just trying to encourage the "teach a man how to fish" philosophy. Simply regurgitating lists without applying any analysis doesn't really add a great deal of value, IMHO.

You probably think I'm picking on you, eh? But I'm actually trying to help! [​IMG]

Genesis and pana like this.
  14. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

I can see your point of view of how this may not be "the best information" But allow me to explain my point of view.

For me personally, being able to understand which moves I can punish with SSD has been a huge help to me. True, it is simply enough to understand that it deflects midpunches. However, as i already stated, It does not punish every type of mid punch. That is also important to know.

My list here provides players with the ability to know which commands can be punish thus preventing them from going through each characters movelist to find out every single move that can be punished by using SSD. Saving them time by providing them with the ability to just look in one place and test for themselves. If you do not find this thread useful, Feel free to delete it. It is your website, but hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

I post information that I find to help other players, If it doesn't help you, then feel free to delete or ignore it.

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

What's an example of a mid punch this doesn't work against?

Are these my only options? Put up or shut up? Are you not open to suggestions for improvement?

16. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

I am open to suggestions, but you haven't suggested anything. You have only stated that you don't think my information is very useful then went on a long statement as to WHY it wasn't really worth anything.

An example of a mid punch is double mid punches such as pais(i dont actually know the command off the top of my head)There are other examples of moves that also cannot be deflected because they are double mid punch moves.

I will go through every move and analyze the use of their deflection if that will make you happy. I could see how that would be important so I will do that.

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I haven't suggested anything?

My first suggestion was a general one, based on the "teach a man how to fish" approach. I also suggested that you might want to apply some kind of analysis on the moves you're listing (Jacky's [6][P] vs Lau's [P][4][P]). As I mentioned in another thread, looking at command list data doesn't always tell the whole story. Therefore, a list of moves that are considered "practical" to deflect would be useful.

Also, a Mid Punch is not the same as a Mid Double Punch. They're two different classes of attack.

Anyways, please don't do this just to "make me happy", and don't be so ridiculous to think that I'm going to start deleting threads just because I don't necessarily agree with their approach.

pana likes this.