1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Using Lion's Sabaki Attack

Discussion in 'Lion' started by SINphul, Apr 9, 2002.

1. SINphul

SINphul Member

Heya everyone. I'm training with Lion and am having trouble understanding when to properly use Lion's Sabaki. I've read both the Sabaki and Lion Dojo guides, but I'm curious as to whether or not it simply takes precidence to HP, HK, ME, and MK? It seems everytime I use it, the animation takes too long and my opponent scores an easy hit...any advice on how or when to use it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's Sabaki Attack

VF4 Lion Meteor Punch strings. The mantis sabaki counter-attack.
    d,d/b,b+P or 214P , when it connects, it crumples, this new move has a (HP/HK, elbow, sidekick) sabaki that can interrupt too. Effects animate against any and all high attacks, sidekicks or elbows. Opponents stagger and backstep. A few suggestions from <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black> Remember, it is a counter-attack.
    The best times to counter a blocked move with use of 214P (counter attack guide):
    3K(df+K. this is Lion's "Bullet Kick)->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    66K->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    3P->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P

6PP(f+P,P)->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    66P->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    43P(back,down forward plus Punch)->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P

6K+G->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    1K+G->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)-> G->214P

2+P+K+G (d+P+K+G)for an instant roll into screen and 8+P+K+G -> 214P

thx to <font color=red>xaxak</font color=red> of The <font color=white>No Mercy Club</font color=white> This should be useful to your experimentation with Lion's counter hit. d,db,b+P=214P

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Lion's Meteor Punch is best when he is disadvantaged.

Especially when he is -2 to -5 frames.

There's no point doing a sabaki move when you have the initiative. If you have the initiative then there really isn't going to an attack coming your way for you to sabaki.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

There's no point doing a sabaki move when you have the initiative. If you have the initiative then there really isn't going to an attack coming your way for you to sabaki.

Lion still gets a KD combo when it hits... <shrug> There are always other options.

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yes, I suppose its a good move for that purpose to get the Stomach KD.

Don't forget to enter those throw escapes after this move is blocked. In version C the second punch can be interrupted by a throw.

6. SINphul

SINphul Member

Thanks for the input fellas. I think I'm finally getting the hang of using it properly /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. DrLovesAlot

DrLovesAlot Member

How do I get in the brotherhood of Lion? Do I have to apply?